World Record 1/4 mile Electric Production car?

Sapphire™

GPS capture.

a11e34e1255f.jpg

MPH/Seconds

0-60= 1.40
0-100= 2.63
0-145= 4.98
1/4= 7.97

There's no way that thing is street legal, not that it will come to the US or be built in big numbers.

I question the fan stuff giving enough down force to be useful, it's 3" off the ground which seems like it would negate any suction.

It's a cool track car tho.

Is that the fan car that was #1 at Goodwood?

There's no way that thing is street legal, not that it will come to the US or be built in big numbers.

I question the fan stuff giving enough down force to be useful, it's 3" off the ground which seems like it would negate any suction.

It's a cool track car tho.

It's got a registration number and plate. It's legal and hypercar manufacturing to rules and regulations is so fraught with differences I no longer care much. FMVSS and Show and Display LOL! Particularly after the SSC North America fiasco. BUT Love the Tuatara mind Jason's done an incredible job.

If I had the money I'd but everything!🙂

View attachment 7621View attachment 7622View attachment 7623

This car is tiny. If standing next to the car, the roof would reach only to your waist.

To me, the coolest part about this is that the downforce provided by the fans actually helped the car's straight line speed and acceleration much more than I would have anticipated. It was expected that it would do really well at Goodwood because of the corners when downforce is most helpful. But, it seems that downforce keeps the tires from losing grip in a straight line more than I expected.

Agree that it isn't the most practical to drive in northeast winters or to take the kids to soccer tho

I agree it's hardly practical but 24 hours after I've seen the numbers drop I very much doubt they'll be beaten. And to get all of this on the SAME day as the Lucid itself beating out Bugatti? No words!🙂

I like the entry/exit maneuvers.
Especially when your other half is wearing a miniskirt.

Back