Winter Tire PSI

The stock 19s at inflated to 49 so it makes sense yours would also to not trip the TPMS. I keep mine inflated to 52.
@hydbob - Bob suggested i ask you this and luckily i found your post from months ago. Max capacity for stock tire (Pirelli PZero) by tire manufacturer is at 50PSI. i wonder why Lucid would choose this tire given that their recommended tire pressure is almost same as max psi. Reason i am looking around is because we had 2 tires blown out while driving (potholes). The potholes were not that dramatic so i am wondering does this have to do anything with pressure at maximum capacity? Plus as someone else also commented, after driving a while, tire inflated at 49psi cold would be turning to probably 52-55 (depending on ambient temperature)? Any thoughts?

here is the info on stock tire on my 19" GT.

@hydbob - Bob suggested i ask you this and luckily i found your post from months ago. Max capacity for stock tire (Pirelli PZero) by tire manufacturer is at 50PSI. i wonder why Lucid would choose this tire given that their recommended tire pressure is almost same as max psi. Reason i am looking around is because we had 2 tires blown out while driving (potholes). The potholes were not that dramatic so i am wondering does this have to do anything with pressure at maximum capacity? Plus as someone else also commented, after driving a while, tire inflated at 49psi cold would be turning to probably 52-55 (depending on ambient temperature)? Any thoughts?

Highest I've seen mine go even on hot days was 55. Have around 15k miles on them with no issues so far. Peter Rawlinson says he actually prefers the tires inflated to 46...

Max tire pressure is measured when cold. All tires increase in pressure when in use. That is accounted for in the design and cold pressure spec. Tires have max strength at max pressure. Sidewall failures will occur more easily at lower tire pressures.

Max tire pressure is measured when cold. All tires increase in pressure when in use. That is accounted for in the design and cold pressure spec. Tires have max strength at max pressure. Sidewall failures will occur more easily at lower tire pressures.
Thanks. That I didn’t know. Learnt something new today 😃

Highest I've seen mine go even on hot days was 55. Have around 15k miles on them with no issues so far. Peter Rawlinson says he actually prefers the tires inflated to 46...
Thanks … door jamb sticker says 49. I had written to service folks using my app before I posted here. They haven’t responded yet. Most probably I will hear the same thing from them :).

This is what pirelli website says which is where my concerns began. But if car manufacturer’s recommended level is very close to max psi (given weight of the car) then I probably the following doesn’t apply (as exception)?-

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU INFLATE YOUR TIRES TO THE MAX PSI?​

Your tires’ max PSI almost always exceeds the recommended pressure. It isn’t advisable to fill your tire to this pressure for everyday driving. At max PSI, your car does not handle as well, braking is impaired, and you could risk dangerous blowouts. Over-inflationcan also cause the center of your tire’s tread to wear out prematurely and reduce the lifespan of your tires. You may want to use the max pressure on a temporary basis if you are hauling especially heavy load or towing something.

Lucid engineers are not idiots they are very smart. The suspension dynamics are carefully tuned. Follow their instructions. The Touring with 19 inch rides and handles better at 49psi than at 45psi. So don’t second guess the engineers. Pirelli is also correct, do not inflate the tire to 60-70psi and you will be fine.

The Touring with 19 inch rides and handles better at 49psi than at 45psi.
Not quite true. According to Peter Rawlinson, the 19s actually have the best (cushiest?) ride at around 45 psi. However, the lower psi affects the range so they officially say the recommended pressure is 49 psi to give the highest range.

Of course it has a cushier ride at 45. That’s not what I said. The ride and handling is optimized at 49. At 45 handling is noticeably sluggish.

Of course it has a cushier ride at 45. That’s not what I said. The ride and handling is optimized at 49. At 45 handling is noticeably sluggish.
Peter pretty much told me that the car rides and handles better at 45 lbs than 49 lbs on the 19” wheels. The 49 psi is only to achieve range. Enjoy the ride, don’t worry about it with 19” wheels.

Peter pretty much told me that the car rides and handles better at 45 lbs than 49 lbs on the 19” wheels. The 49 psi is only to achieve range. Enjoy the ride, don’t worry about it with 19” wheels.
I've had them down to 46. I like the ride better at 49. Actually I like it at 51 even more than 49.

Back