Windshield wiper system auto function not sensitive

Have also found the auto wipers are pretty poor. They work - sometimes, kind of. I have to press the wiper stalk button a lot while driving even with them set to Auto - High. The knock on effect of this is even though it's dusky gray and stormy, I don't think the headlights/lights are turning on properly with the wipers because the auto wipers are not sensitive enough.

Has anyone found them to work better to where I should be asking service about this?

Spoke with Lucid today - kind of vague agreement the auto doesn't really work, and suggested to just always use the manual controls. First car I've had in a while where auto wipers didn't work well and I had to use manual.

Yeah, i think this issue has largely been dismissed. After re-reading my previous post in context with the others i sounded grumpy. i love everything else about the car and have enjoyed driving 48,000 miles on the car, regardless of the wipers!

As a slight update, i realize the auto sensing function can work, just after a significant downpour too unsafe for driving without the wipers being constantly "on." And even in these conditions i might get two swipes well after the windshield's sensor failed warning comes on. It would be nice to somehow tune the autosensing function either up or down according to one's liking . . .

Back