Window Alert?

ErikG

Cars
Lucid Air Tooring 2023
Anybody else accidentally putting the windows down when getting out of the car and not realizing it till you get back? I think there should be an alert on the app that your windows are open and the ability to roll the windows up with the app. I hope that’s coming soon.

I’m not even sure how you would do that. The door opening mechanism is in the door grip handle and is a fair distance, hand wise, from the window controls. Maybe you have huge hands, but I’ve never heard anyone complaining about that.

I’m not even sure how you would do that. The door opening mechanism is in the door grip handle and is a fair distance, hand wise, from the window controls. Maybe you have huge hands, but I’ve never heard anyone complaining about that.
My mother in law will sometimes accidentally push the window switch as she leans on the door to get up and out of the car. I usually catch it, but I wouldn’t mind some sort of warning. Or give us window controls in the app, and indicate when they are open, at least.

Definitely window control in the app with vent option to lower all windows slightly. Also warnings that can be configurable for any windows. doors, frunk/trunk left open.

Rivian recently added this feature (T-company has had it for awhile). Hopefully, Lucid will add as well soon.

Yup my 3yo tends to push the window button down when she uses the door handle to jump out of the car.

Definitely window control in the app with vent option to lower all windows slightly. Also warnings that can be configurable for any windows. doors, frunk/trunk left open.
I think windows are still mechanically controlled so that might not be possible if the software can't interface with it. But they usually have sensors to determine if the windows have been moved down without being moved up, so it can still send alerts (though I've seen those alerts be false positives 99% of the time since it can't really tell if the window has been scrolled up enough to be fully closed)

Are you hand shaming me? Ha JK I am a big guy and I think it's when I'm actually using the handle to help my self up the car does sit low. There should be a window warning for security in my opinion.

Are you hand shaming me? Ha JK I am a big guy and I think it's when I'm actually using the handle to help my self up the car does sit low. There should be a window warning for security in my opinion.
Just as I thought, monster hands! JK

No, I understand what you’re saying given how you exit the car. Makes sense. I just worry that Joe agrees with you. ;)

Back