• ⚠ MARKETPLACE RULES ⚠

1. Photos Required. Post your own taken photo(s) of the item you are selling. No generic/stock photo(s) allowed.
    2. Be detailed. Please be detailed with your listing including pricing, location, specifications, and reason for selling (optional).
    3. No promotion or spam. Self-promotion, promotion of your business, or posting spam isn't allowed.
    4. No sabotaging listings. If you don't agree on an asking price for a vehicle or item, scroll by. The marketplace is not a place for negative discussions or criticisms.
    5. Lucid related items only. This marketplace is for Lucid vehicles or related items only.
    6. Listing Status. To keep things organized, please update your listing if the item is sold or no longer available.
    7. Transactions are between the parties involved. You are dealing with an online stranger. Please use the same common sense as you would when doing an online payment. We strongly recommend doing all proper due diligence with anyone here on the forums to avoid being scammed or losing any money!

Will the Dream edition value?

tuccur

Cars
Lucid Air Dream Edition P
DE Number
Just curious to see what people think the value of a Dream Edition Performance will do over the next 5-10 years? The car is apparently worth more than I paid for it now (as evidenced by classifieds), but how much do you think they will fetch (perhaps at auction) in 5, 10, or 20 years?

Likely about 40%, 20%, 10% of new car cost.

Just curious to see what people think the value of a Dream Edition Performance will do over the next 5-10 years? The car is apparently worth more than I paid for it now (as evidenced by classifieds), but how much do you think they will fetch (perhaps at auction) in 5, 10, or 20 years?
This will be mostly based on production of new cars over all and the improvements in tech with batteries. As long as there is supply constraints, value will hold.

Development of solid state batteries will have a strong correlation with value of current gen EV’s

I think in part it will depend on whether a collector's market develops for these cars, and that's hard to predict. If there is a collector's market, then there will be extra value for low mileage (<10k).

There's a big collector's market for Tesla Roadsters right now, but they only made about 2000 of them. I think we all hope Lucid makes more than that. :)

I guess I'm thinking specifically of the Dream Edition, being that those should be considered limited. Of course, I think all EV's are going to go up in value for the next year or two as demand will continue to be much greater than supply. But will the DE become a collector car or will is it just another "launch edition" that's going to devalue as the latest greatest models are introduced?

Likely about 40%, 20%, 10% of new car cost.
To clarify... so in 5 years, maybe $250k, 10 yrs $210k and 20 yrs $190k?

I guess I'm thinking specifically of the Dream Edition, being that those should be considered limited. Of course, I think all EV's are going to go up in value for the next year or two as demand will continue to be much greater than supply. But will the DE become a collector car or will is it just another "launch edition" that's going to devalue as the latest greatest models are introduced?
Understood, but my guess is it still depends on the volume of Airs that Lucid eventually produces. Tesla made the initial Model S in "Signature editions", but AFAICT they haven't held in value like the Roadsters because of the similarity with other Model S's, which are in plentiful supply. https://www.auto.com/cars/tesla-mod...sting_id=5db41dcf-dd86-4571-b390-c4a297bb301d

To clarify... so in 5 years, maybe $250k, 10 yrs $210k and 20 yrs $190k?
I meant as typical for new car depreciation - if you paid $200k, in 5 years you may be able to get 80K for it, 10 years $40k, 20 years $20k. With few exceptions, new cars and new technology do not hold their value well. I sold a 10-year-old Maserati for 20% of what it cost me new, even though only a couple hundred were ever made. Even most production Ferraris depreciate, despite production quantities being intentionally limited to maintain exclusivity. When solid-state batteries make it to market (or lithium-sulfur, or something else with higher energy density and lower cost), used EVs will take a step change down in value.

... though I guess the Model S is different because it wasn't Tesla's first model. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, that's what I was thinking... Will the DE value like the first Roadster, or more like the first edition of the Model S... big difference...

Just drive it 500,000 miles and then donate it. The price of gas is going to hit 10 dollars soon. The car will pay for itself in just gas and maintenance savings. Also there are a lot of unique strange "no one has done that before" things that are unique to the DE. Here is a photo of one of them. I am sure there are more...

Attachments

• Lucid mirror cover.jpg
    Lucid mirror cover.jpg
    559.8 KB · Views: 191
Just drive it 500,000 miles and then donate it. The price of gas is going to hit 10 dollars soon. The car will pay for itself in just gas and maintenance savings. Also there are a lot of unique strange "no one has done that before" things that are unique to the DE. Here is a photo of one of them. I am sure there are more...

Are you saying the mirror cap is strange or the seam? If you get PPF on it you can somewhat cover the seam.

Back