Who paid to keep Sirius? Most of our 'trials' expire in a few days!

So I just saw this officially for Tidal:

"TIDAL will combine its HiFi Plus and HiFi tiers as of April 10. The benefits of the pricer HiFi Plus plan will now be available to those on the more affordable HiFi plans; the single tier will be simply dubbed TIDAL. An individual TIDAL plan will cost $10.99 a month". ---from 2 days ago

^ so maybe I'll cancel my $10.99 Spotify April 10th and try Tidal for a while instead (its easy enough to go back to Spotify if I don't like it as much or more!)

When I switched from my Audi, I went to transfer my SXM account to my wife’s vehicle. They wanted $15 to transfer it to a different vehicle. That they wanted anything at all shocked me. So I switched to streaming, only to find out I had a free trial anyway. 🤦🏻‍♂

I got the Tidal trial, and love the quality… of certain tracks, even some remastered ones, like Tusk and Psycho Killer. I’ll probably cancel SXM and stick with Tidal, especially with the recently announced Tidal price drop.

I got on chat just now with siriusxm to try to transfer my 3 year sub from my old car (Jaguar) to the Lucid (AT), but they said they could not do it:
  • I see here that the current plan Sirius Long Term Plan 3 years is unable to be transferred to a portable radio or aftermarket radio installed in the vehicle.
  • ME: the new one is a car though
    it had the radio fitted in the factory as a new car - see https://blog.siriusxm.com/siriusxm-lucid
  • I see, let me check it here, one moment please.
    ...(time passed)...
  • I apologize for the inconvenience, however the current long term plan you have is not available to all radios and is only applicable to the 2013 Jaguar XJL and so it cannot be transferred over to the radio id VWxxxxxxxxxxx.
    We can only apply a different promotion to your radio id VWxxxxxxxxxx.
Did anyone come across this limitation? Do they think Lucid air is not a car?!

I paid and now I can no longer access Pandora from the in car Sirius XM app like I could before. On my phone app I can still access Pandora. Anyone else experience this?

I got on chat just now with siriusxm to try to transfer my 3 year sub from my old car (Jaguar) to the Lucid (AT), but they said they could not do it:
  • I see here that the current plan Sirius Long Term Plan 3 years is unable to be transferred to a portable radio or aftermarket radio installed in the vehicle.
    it had the radio fitted in the factory as a new car - see https://blog.siriusxm.com/siriusxm-lucid
    ...(time passed)...
  • I apologize for the inconvenience, however the current long term plan you have is not available to all radios and is only applicable to the 2013 Jaguar XJL and so it cannot be transferred over to the radio id VWxxxxxxxxxxx.
I think they were giving a big discount plan to older cars that they wouldn't apply to a newer car. Just wait or jump on to the one year $5/month platinum plan (If its still available). Make sure you call to cancel before the introductory period ends and either renew at the same price or cancel...

what really gets me is it won't even let me bluetooth it from my phone.

what really gets me is it won't even let me bluetooth it from my phone.
Probably more of a lucid software issue than Sirius, but my biggest peeve is the steering wheel controls do not advance to the next sirius station, they just advance the station to "live." No channel surfing so you need to take your eyes off the road to go to another station, not ideal for both convenience and safety.

For those of us who had the BETA Sirius (along with it's issues) and now the official 90 days trial is about to end, who is keeping it vs. just using Amazon Music or Spotify instead? I have NOT renewed/given my credit card and am going to try to live with just my Spotify and Amazon music for a bit 1st
Not me. Never used it.

Here's what popped up on my Tidal app last night regarding the family plan that used to be $29.99 per month. $16.99 is a nice reduction in price.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240313_225554_TIDAL.jpg
    Screenshot_20240313_225554_TIDAL.jpg
    703.1 KB · Views: 49
    ...(time passed)...
Your existing Plan should allow you to stream. You could stream using CarPlay and the SXM app.

Here's what popped up on my Tidal app last night regarding the family plan that used to be $29.99 per month. $16.99 is a nice reduction in price.
Still too expensive!

WARNING: Musician/music snob rantbox incoming

Wait my SXM is about to expire?!? OMG best f'ing news ever. I'll spare (well, shorten) the rant, but as a first time listener since I picked up the car 5 months ago, I absolutely cannot stand their programming. And as both an indie musician and an advocate for art-for-art's-sake music discovery of other musicians like me (i.e. not the .00001% that SXM would ever play/"expose"), I've come to realize SXM is everything that depresses me about conglomerated consolidated media, and feels like a kick in the ear balls every time I am forced to hear the same 50 songs ad nauseum. Which are the same 50 songs I've unwillingly heard 3295028 times already as a human who is just trying to exist in the world, when there are 48274058273405827340 songs out there that even the most partial and limited collaborative filter (Tidal) or maybe even a good one (Spotify/Pandora/etc) can help people discover. Maybe I'm missing some good stations (recs?), but I truly do not see the point in a fidelity-compromised, linearly-sequenced, robot-programmed, paid-subscription audio service that is basically little more than a blandly-curated, infrequently-rotating top-50 playlist. Yacht Rock "Deep Cuts" my ass.

And truly worst of all, I am the only one in my household of two who feels this way, so I am forced to listen to it constantly. Because I am a good partner, dammit! Look my car got run into this week and it's been a hard time guys so I apologize and will limit my posting to paint shop results tbd

WARNING: Musician/music snob rantbox incoming

Wait my SXM is about to expire?!? OMG best f'ing news ever. I'll spare (well, shorten) the rant, but as a first time listener since I picked up the car 5 months ago, I absolutely cannot stand their programming. And as both an indie musician and an advocate for art-for-art's-sake music discovery of other musicians like me (i.e. not the .00001% that SXM would ever play/"expose"), I've come to realize SXM is everything that depresses me about conglomerated consolidated media, and feels like a kick in the ear balls every time I am forced to hear the same 50 songs ad nauseum. Which are the same 50 songs I've unwillingly heard 3295028 times already as a human who is just trying to exist in the world, when there are 48274058273405827340 songs out there that even the most partial and limited collaborative filter (Tidal) or maybe even a good one (Spotify/Pandora/etc) can help people discover. Maybe I'm missing some good stations (recs?), but I truly do not see the point in a fidelity-compromised, linearly-sequenced, robot-programmed, paid-subscription audio service that is basically little more than a blandly-curated, infrequently-rotating top-50 playlist. Yacht Rock "Deep Cuts" my ass.

And truly worst of all, I am the only one in my household of two who feels this way, so I am forced to listen to it constantly. Because I am a good partner, dammit! Look my car got run into this week and it's been a hard time guys so I apologize and will limit my posting to paint shop results tbd
Agree, and same goes for normal radio. I still have nightmares of listening to the same crappy "top 40" pop songs... ugh. I'd prefer to erase my mind of them, tbh.

Agree, and same goes for normal radio. I still have nightmares of listening to the same crappy "top 40" pop songs... ugh. I'd prefer to erase my mind of them, tbh.
Kexp.org

They're not perfect, but they're so far and away better (if you want to discover new music within genres and styles you like) that they may as well be perfect. Ok promise I won't derail further :)

I am a fan of SXM because of the variety of programming from sports talk to different music styles. I recently signed up after the trial ended. If I can pay $20 per month for this in my Subaru I can pay that much for a far superior music experience in my Lucid.
I just completed a trip from Amelia Island in Florida to the North Dallas area, 1060 miles. I was totally surprised that in the whole drive SXM only dropped once for about 5 minutes. That far exceeded my expectations.

Still too expensive!
I agree the Tidal plan is still to expensive, especially if you have the current Military plan. I have had Apple Music forever and also Tidal-Hifi with the Military discount. Won’t be keeping Tidal once it increases, at least for Military.

Also - a fan of SiriuxXM, as like above said variety of programming, live sports and other talk, plus works when traveling consistently, especially in remote areas. Will be keeping that.

I paid and now I can no longer access Pandora from the in car Sirius XM app like I could before. On my phone app I can still access Pandora. Anyone else experience this?
Yep. I had the same experience. My 10 year old daughter was not pleased that I couldn't access the Pandora Taylor Swift channel.

For those of us who had the BETA Sirius (along with it's issues) and now the official 90 days trial is about to end, who is keeping it vs. just using Amazon Music or Spotify instead? I have NOT renewed/given my credit card and am going to try to live with just my Spotify and Amazon music for a bit 1st
I subscribed. I have been a SiriusXM listener in the car for 20 years. So for me it was an easy buy. The Lucid app version is now stable in my view and a much better option than working SiriusXM via the iPhone app and CarPlay. I am pleased with the Lucid app.

Back