WHERE are the GARMENT hooks???

Well ... I wish I had read this thread earlier.

I went to a Holiday Party last night ... it was raining ... I went to put my sports coat on the garment hook .. hmm .. standing in the rain .. feeling around for a hook .. not near strap .. not along the door sill .. not on door post .. hmm .. not on driver seat .. getting more wet as I stand there .. duck my head in .. too dark .. take phone out and put flashlight on .. nothing .. now soaked .. fold jacket and put it on seat (luckily no one was riding in the back).

ugh!!! .. what the heck!

I read all the Work-arounds, but come'on .. my F150 has garment hooks ... no excuse!
A simple solution that is actually better than small garment hooks typically located on the B pillars: just use the grab handles above the rear doors. Or maybe just drive your F150 when you need to hang a garment.

Ok .. so I actually thought @Drendino 's comment WAS actually funny, but reading the snide F150 remark, I'm starting to think folks think I find the lack of a coat hook an incredible oversight.

So, to set the record straight:
  1. These days I wear a suit jacket or sports coat less than a dozen times a year
  2. The reason I kept looking for the hook (and not just put the jacket down) is because I couldn't believe a luxury sedan wouldn't have one .. (and because I was waiting for my wife anyway).
  3. Yes, I can go out an buy S-hooks .. but will never really need them and obviously didn't know I needed them before yesterday ..
  4. Yes, I could've taken any one of my other cars (including the F150 or my convertible sports car) which ALL have coat hooks .. but, again, NOT that important. Not to mention that I drove the Lucid specifically because it was raining and I hadn't driven it in the rain yet.
  5. The only reason I chose to post this is because I received my car well after this thread was started and wanted to let folks know that there isn't one in the car.
Now .. moving on... Thx

Ok .. so I actually thought @Drendino 's comment WAS actually funny, but reading the snide F150 remark, I'm starting to think folks think I find the lack of a coat hook an incredible oversight.

So, to set the record straight:
  1. These days I wear a suit jacket or sports coat less than a dozen times a year
  2. The reason I kept looking for the hook (and not just put the jacket down) is because I couldn't believe a luxury sedan wouldn't have one .. (and because I was waiting for my wife anyway).
  3. Yes, I can go out an buy S-hooks .. but will never really need them and obviously didn't know I needed them before yesterday ..
  4. Yes, I could've taken any one of my other cars (including the F150 or my convertible sports car) which ALL have coat hooks .. but, again, NOT that important. Not to mention that I drove the Lucid specifically because it was raining and I hadn't driven it in the rain yet.
  5. The only reason I chose to post this is because I received my car well after this thread was started and wanted to let folks know that there isn't one in the car.
Now .. moving on... Thx
Ever since @hydbob recommended these https://a.co/d/2FFf47T

No more moments like this.
1670607624427.jpeg

Hey, at least Barron's did not make the absence of coat hooks in the back of the Lucid Air a cover story this week as far as I know.

Hey, at least Barron's did not make the absence of coat hooks in the back of the Lucid Air a cover story this week as far as I know.
Give it time.

Plenty of cars don't have garment hooks. Not the majority, of course, but plenty.
That doesn't make it the correct decision. I only use them when I go to the cleaners but they are nice to have.

That doesn't make it the correct decision. I only use them when I go to the cleaners but they are nice to have.
For dry cleaning, just use the handles in the back. They work perfectly fine.

My Mazda had garment hooks but they were so small as to be unusable with more than a single hanger or two. I always hung it on the handle anyway.

Not much of a suit guy but com’on, no garment hooks in a lux car? People need to attend weddings, professionals meetings, interviews, fancy dinners, etc. Pretty sad.
honestly, i'd just lay it out flat in the trunk 🤣
or dress before I get in the car and just put my blazer in the back or over the seat

For dry cleaning, just use the handles in the back. They work perfectly fine.

My Mazda had garment hooks but they were so small as to be unusable with more than a single hanger or two. I always hung it on the handle anyway.
Yeah, I still want them

My son's first ride; I picked him up from the airport. He was wowing about the features until we came to the exit ramp, which is a two lane 270 degree downward slope where everyone used the inner loop. I never do, and try to see how many cars I can pass on the outside. My son knows this so as I approached in the outer lane he reached up to grab the handle... "Dad....there's no handle!" I pinned him against the door. I don't know about the hooks but some kind of grab handle for my navigator would be nice....maybe a 5-point harness ?

Back