When Are We Seeing Cosmos?

From my understanding, the Saudi Arabia plant will be shipping midsize to the US initially, then the US plant will take over the US market once that is set up
That's been my understanding as well.
 
I have heard its ugly as hell, hopefully they redesign it a little bit.
I have seen it. You’re wrong. :)

It looks younger, more modern, and pretty unique. But not so unique that people will be jarred by it.

(My opinion, of course. And no, I can’t say anything else)
 
My only source is a youtuber and a guy that worked on it. But can admit its subjective.

What does it look like? Sexy Model Y? Cuz that's what I want.
I can’t say much, unfortunately. (Not trying to be “cool” or any such nonsense, just literally can’t)

But I can say that “sexy Model Y” would be a fine way to describe it, at least in part.

And yes, it’s obviously subjective.
 
I can’t say much, unfortunately. (Not trying to be “cool” or any such nonsense, just literally can’t)
oh I don't think anyone has accused you of being cool

A lot of people still say the Gravity looks like a mini van, and I don't think it does. Hot rod wagon. Curvy SUV. But not minivan.

But I also think the Kia Carnival looks fantastic so who the hell am I anyways o_O
 
I'm definitely reading between the lines here, but I feel like the PIF has about faced on Lucid - and to be fair their other investments re: Getting it right v.s. get points on the board.

It very much felt like in the early days Lucid was run like an F1 team with a sugar daddy. All about excellence, pushing the envelope, the prestige of being the best. (but economics didn't really matter)

It feels like that era has past and it's in the ok you need to make a car company - block and tackle.

I hope the original spirit lives on in some form and Lucid doesn't devolve into just another car company. I still think the mass market doesn't grok it doesn't need to be bigger to be better, and to me that's the big design unlock lucid has that hasn't landed with the masses yet. Maybe Cosmos could change some minds?
 
I am hoping they do a reveal this summer as mentioned during the investor day. I really want to know what it looks like. As for how "ugly" it is, we'll wait and see. I only remember Kyle's discussion where he seemed genuinely excited about it and then his co-host started ragging on it. I suspect it will be just like the Air and Gravity. Some of us really like them while others can't stand them. My biggest concern is they nail the launch and do not do another fake start of production by giving out a few cars and then taking another 6 months to properly start to ramp up production. If they are not truly ready to start producing cars in meaningful numbers in December, then they should push it into 2027.
 
You surely don't want another Lucid, so does it really matter to you 🤣😎
I’m curious to hear his answer, but I suspect he wouldn’t mind a Lucid… just one that worked and didn’t spent its entire lifetime in service.

The car itself is great, as I think he’d be the first to attest; his just didn’t work, and service (the process, not the people) let him down.

Not trying to speak for him, but that’s just my read of the state of things (and how I’d feel, that’s all). :p
 
I think we all agree that to launch with software not fully vetted would be a mistake concretizing the sentiment that they build great cars with glitchy software. I am keenly interested in the Cosmos as a replacement for a current CUV, but I will wait until the software is proven. Receiving UX 3.0 and discovering no serious glitches will increase my confidence.
 
I have seen it. You’re wrong. :)

It looks younger, more modern, and pretty unique. But not so unique that people will be jarred by it.

(My opinion, of course. And no, I can’t say anything else)
Based on pure speculation, in your opinion, can you visualize a Sapphire trim for the Cosmos, or would it be too bulky for that sporting intent?
 
Based on pure speculation, in your opinion, can you visualize a Sapphire trim for the Cosmos, or would it be too bulky for that sporting intent?
Given the three hats, I’d assume it’s possible. But I don’t know.

I also don’t know if they will, or if they want to. I don’t even know if they know that yet 😂
 
Given the three hats, I’d assume it’s possible. But I don’t know.

I also don’t know if they will, or if they want to. I don’t even know if they know that yet 😂
Fair point 🤣

Well if Lucid ever asks around if there's a customer base who would love a tri-motor Cosmos Sapphire, sign me up 😁
 
Fair point 🤣

Well if Lucid ever asks around if there's a customer base who would love a tri-motor Cosmos Sapphire, sign me up 😁
Same. I’d sell my Air for that.
 
My only source is a youtuber and a guy that worked on it. But can admit its subjective.

What does it look like? Sexy Model Y? Cuz that's what I want.
I can't believe with all the time you spend here disparaging everything about Lucid that you would consider getting a Cosmos. Wow.
 
I can't believe with all the time you spend here disparaging everything about Lucid that you would consider getting a Cosmos. Wow.
You can simultaneously hate and love something.
Best example, the person always stand next to you 😂
 
Back
Top