✔️New set of TPMS sensors

IMG_5361.jpg

✔️New set of lug nuts

front tires.jpg

✔️Front tires ordered

rear tires.jpg

✔️Rear tires ordered

IMG_8397.jpg

✔️Face of custom two piece forged wheel heading to the CNC mill.

The project goal is to have the widest wheels and tires flush with fenders and within factory alignment specs. Details to follow ...

I too am looking for new wheels. Saw this KIA parked next to me, thought someone stole my rims, and put my car on cinder blocks.

Attachments

• IMG_6980.webp
    IMG_6980.webp
    1 MB · Views: 4,394
  • IMG_6981.webp
    IMG_6981.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,022
Last edited:
Almost done ... they're going through QC checks now ...

Whoa! Looks great! Signature SV307S are they? I've been debating about getting a set of SV701 or SV303S for my new GT-P but I'd probably end up doing 20's.

Whoa! Looks great! Signature SV307S are they? I've been debating about getting a set of SV701 or SV303S for my new GT-P but I'd probably end up doing 20's.
Yes, you are correct. I had an incident where I blew out a tire hitting a pothole on the 605S which made me think about 20”. In the end, I stayed with 21”. What I discovered is that by going wider, I actually had to go with 35 series tires which means more sidewall height. Switching over to the Michelins might also help with potholes. Closing up the tire to fender gap a little is another bonus.

Feel free to DM me if you’d like ordering information.

Wheels arrived on schedule from Signature. Shipping boxes were nicely strapped and in great shape. On to the unboxing …
IMG_5468.webp

IMG_5469.webp

IMG_5470.webp

IMG_5471.webp

Looks awesome! Did you weigh them? :cool:
The wheels are 29 pounds without tires. The fronts are 9.5” wide and the rears are 10”wide so I guess the difference in barrel weights are negligible. Also interestingly … 58 pounds with either the 265 or 285 wide tires installed.

I’m very curious to see how the tire to fender gap looks going from 30 to 35 series tires. And hopefully the car’s range and speed calculations are not that badly affected.

These are gonna look sick. Nicely done...waiting for mounted photos..

Some lessons learned ...
a) front set up is at the limit because right side tire rubs the fender liner slightly at one location .. and only while backing up. I'm pretty sure I can fix that by making sure the right fender liner is snug against the wheel well.
b) The rears will rub slightly against what looks like the rear plastic that meets against the lower door jamb at max suspension travel. Because the part is plastic, I'm not sure rolling the fenders will work? Another option is to remake the faces adjusting the offsets accordingly.
c) New set of TPMS sensors worked immediately.
d) I'm not sure how different my speedometer readings are because I tend to drive the flow of traffic. I should be theoretically going slightly faster than indicated since tire OD is slightly bigger.
e) I'm not sure of the range impact yet. I'll get a better idea after charging then immediately going to work.
f) I went through the trouble of ceramic coating the wheels before installing them so I'll see if it was worth the effort after I wash the car a few times.

I unfortunately had to put the stock wheels back on due to occasional rubbing at full suspension travel. Just that little bit of poking as pictured earlier is enough to really wake you up when going over a dip on the freeway, especially since the cat is already so quiet. The rubbing occurs at a location where I think fender rolling is too risky …
IMG_5564.webp

FullSizeRender.webp

To make sure they will be selling a design that fits perfectly, Signature is making new rear faces for me with adjusted offsets … one of the nice things about using their two piece wheels is being able to do the face swap at home. I just need to get them rebalanced when I’m done and throw them back onto the car.

There is also no camber adjustment on the rear so adding negative camber is also not an option. Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Back