Wheel Alignment

DaveyBoyGT

Cars
lucid Air GT
Have any new owners had any issues with wheel alignment? I am aware that wheel alignment is supposed to be done sometime during the prep process, but I have not heard any complaints about it not being aligned at delivery or after any mileage on the car. Also, can the alignment be done by anyone or is it so specialized that only a lucid service center can do it? I have found over the years that wheel alignment is important for handling and tire wear, and with this car safety and tire wear (expensive tires) are paramount.

Have any new owners had any issues with wheel alignment? I am aware that wheel alignment is supposed to be done sometime during the prep process, but I have not heard any complaints about it not being aligned at delivery or after any mileage on the car. Also, can the alignment be done by anyone or is it so specialized that only a lucid service center can do it? I have found over the years that wheel alignment is important for handling and tire wear, and with this car safety and tire wear (expensive tires) are paramount.
After 4200 miles she still drives straight (unless the overly aggressive lane departure takes over 🤣)

After 4200 miles she still drives straight (unless the overly aggressive lane departure takes over 🤣)
Hey, that's great. Sometimes, though, it's hard to tell for small misalignments without putting it on alignment machine. You can do a quick check by measuring tread depth all around the tires to see if there is uneven wear. FWIW, I have never had a car that wasn't out of alignment after 3k-4k miles. Once uneven wear starts it never gets better. One small pothole, or too big a speed bump will knock it out of alignment. Because these tires don't have a tread life warranty, everything one can do to make them last is worth it.

Hey, that's great. Sometimes, though, it's hard to tell for small misalignments without putting it on alignment machine. You can do a quick check by measuring tread depth all around the tires to see if there is uneven wear. FWIW, I have never had a car that wasn't out of alignment after 3k-4k miles. Once uneven wear starts it never gets better. One small pothole, or too big a speed bump will knock it out of alignment. Because these tires don't have a tread life warranty, everything one can do to make them last is worth it.
Yeah a car can drive perfectly straight with 2 degrees toe-in all around… but it would burn through tires in about 1000 miles

I generally “trust” a new car is aligned correctly and try to get it checked in 5000-10000 miles

I have checked my 2023 AT ODO 8,155 just out of curiosity.
The alignment is still perfect:).
IMG_9150.jpg
IMG_9151.jpg

I am told any shop with an alignment rack can do one for a Lucid. They need to know the specs however.

I am told any shop with an alignment rack can do one for a Lucid. They need to know the specs however.
Our Shop uses a Hunter alignment machine and the Lucid data sheet is already in there

I have 27k miles on my tires and they are showing no sign of abnormal wear due to alignment issues.

Back