• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

QUESTION What range miles getting 80% charge?

What is a good sample size i Can maybe reset one of my trip counters

I can relate to your persistent questioning about all this. I, too, came from Teslandia.

Our newest Tesla Model X when brand new, and when charged to 100%, indicated 296 miles of rated range (published EPA rated range was 295). It stayed at that level for several days, before rated miles started dropping a few miles every week. In Teslandia this was one metric owners used to get an idea of their battery degradation.

Five years hence, charging our Model X to 100% yields 263 miles of rated range, indicating a total battery degradation of about 10%.

So, yes, in my Tesla, I display percentage rather than rated range almost all the time. But once in a while, especially right after charging to 100% I switch to rated miles, just to see (torture myself, really), how many more miles of rated range I have lost. In the end, even switching from percentage to rated miles stopped being necessary because of the plethora of Tesla-related apps that have proliferated, that readily give you that information. Not only do all these Tesla apps directly give you your rated range, it’ll even give you your actual range based on your driving “history” and your battery degradation.

To my knowledge no independently developed apps, offering so much car specific data, have been developed for Lucid.

In my Lucid, I’ve carried over the Tesla practice of keeping my display at percentage. I’m gathering from this forum that switching to “Miles Remaining” is even less useful than switching to “Rated Range” or “Ideal Range” in a Tesla because for one, none of us drive our cars like we’re trapped in an EPA five-cycle testing loop; and more pointedly, in our Lucids the Miles Remaining number doesn’t seem to change. Eight months and 15,500 miles after first taking delivery, my Miles Remaining display at 80% charge shows 426 miles, the same number that it was when my car was brand new. I have no indication at all as to how much my battery has degraded, how fast it’s degrading, or how many rated miles I’ve “lost”.

I understand the contention expressed here that “Available Miles” are imaginary miles or fairyland miles, and therefore not to be bothered with for determining your actual range. However, I for one would still be interested in seeing the change in Available Miles, and the rate of change in my Available Miles, because I can then use that as a baseline for guesstimating how many real world miles I have available. This for me, is an additional method, an adjunct to the method already described above.

Finally, in my use case where maximum range is king, I am keenly aware that the distance I am able to drive today between 90% and 20%, will not be the same as distance I will be able to drive between 90% and 20%, five years from now. In fact, all factors being equal, it will be decidedly less. Just how much less, I can only conjecture from previous Tesla owner experience. It will only ever be conjecture until Lucid offers us more information about battery degradation, either through what’s displayed in the car, or via the Lucid app.

Alexa works for this I believe. You may even be able to set up a shortcut, so my idea is:
Set up a shortcut where you say "calculate my range with XX%"
Then, I would set the shortcut to multiply all the numbers together and perform the calculation.
Im not even sure if you could do this, but I have tried it for other things and it works!
You could easily do this.

Assume
  • You're driving at GT, so battery capacity is 112 kWh
  • You have 55% SOC, and
  • Your GT efficiency is 3.2 m/kWh. (Note: do not use "Since Last Charge". I have a whole diatribe on that topic here):

Simply ask Alexa to perform the calculation for you...

"Alexa what is 112 times 55% times 3.2?" the answer will be the projected number of miles your car has remaining.

The first number will always be the same, but the second and third numbers you'll have to lookup at the time of the calculation.

I’m currently have 23,651 miles. Level 2 charging set to 82%. Charging stopped at 426 miles.

The Lucid Air is actually two cars in one.

1. Long range luxury cruiser. With conservative driving, high regen and one pedal driving, use of ACC on highway driving, keep speed to within 4mph of the speed limit, and a bit of experience, it is possible to get 4.5 miles/KWh (Touring, 19 in.). 400 miles of real world range. With SS Pro, a quiet cabin, and beautiful scenery enjoyed with the glass canopy, this is an unparalleled luxury road trip experience.

2. Sports car. With 600-800+ horsepower, driving mode set to swift, this is a sports sedan that will outperform any other. Efficiency is sacrificed of course. Massive power with instantaneous delivery only an EV can provide. Outstanding suspension and driving dynamics. The faster the drive the more the suspension shines. This generates more smiles per mile than any other vehicle I’ve owned (eg BMW, Audi.)

So, on any given day, any given trip, decide which Lucid Air you want to drive that day. One is more practical. The other is more more. Dial it in and enjoy.

The Lucid Air is actually two cars in one.

1. Long range luxury cruiser. With conservative driving, high regen and one pedal driving, use of ACC on highway driving, keep speed to within 4mph of the speed limit, and a bit of experience, it is possible to get 4.5 miles/KWh (Touring, 19 in.). 400 miles of real world range. With SS Pro, a quiet cabin, and beautiful scenery enjoyed with the glass canopy, this is an unparalleled luxury road trip experience.

2. Sports car. With 600-800+ horsepower, driving mode set to swift, this is a sports sedan that will outperform any other. Efficiency is sacrificed of course. Massive power with instantaneous delivery only an EV can provide. Outstanding suspension and driving dynamics. The faster the drive the more the suspension shines. This generates more smiles per mile than any other vehicle I’ve owned (eg BMW, Audi.)

So, on any given day, any given trip, decide which Lucid Air you want to drive that day. One is more practical. The other is more more. Dial it in and enjoy.
Couldn’t agree more. I’ve driven both many times, and both are the best cars I’ve ever driven.

I will give you a pure math answer. My lifetime energy use use 300watt hours per mile.
The kWh of 80% is 110 times .80 so that is:
88kwh and that over .300 is 293 miles.
So on average our Lucid GT 80% range is 293 miles. Picture for proof.
I run 20 inch custom wheels with no aero covers Vossen hf ht 4
IMG_9135.jpeg

I will give you a pure math answer. My lifetime energy use use 300watt hours per mile.
The kWh of 80% is 110 times .80 so that is:
88kwh and that over .300 is 293 miles.
So on average our Lucid GT 80% range is 293 miles. Picture for proof.
I run 20 inch custom wheels with no aero covers Vossen hf ht 4
View attachment 13583
I think you might want to take another look at your math.
As per your picture, you are getting 3 mi/kWh. Your GT is 112 kWh. So, to calculate the range using 80%: 3 x 112 x 80% = 269.

A lot of simple math can be figured out just by making sure the units are right. (Miles per kWh) times kWh = Miles * (kWh/kWh) = Miles

I think you might want to take another look at your math.
As per your picture, you are getting 3 mi/kWh. Your GT is 112 kWh. So, to calculate the range using 80%: 3 x 112 x 80% = 269.
Bobby is right

Back