• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

QUESTION What range miles getting 80% charge?

blueice89

Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
What range is your charger reporting for 80%?
After Market 20 inch wheels 245/40-20 square set up. Previously had 19s. Getting 406 miles @ 80% SOC
IMG_8006.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8005.jpeg
    IMG_8005.jpeg
    597 KB · Views: 59
This topic has been discussed ad nauseum. The miles shown related to percent charged is based on the EPA range for your size wheels. It has nothing to do with your actual mileage. That's why so many of us just display the percent remaining rather than the fairyland miles.

This topic has been discussed ad nauseum. The miles shown related to percent charged is based on the EPA range for your size wheels. It has nothing to do with your actual mileage. That's why so many of us just display the percent remaining rather than the fairyland miles.
Oh so you do percent not miles ? Is percent accurate ?

Oh so you do percent not miles ? Is percent accurate ?
Percent is the actual percent of charge in your battery. It's based on reality. Unlike estimated miles, which is a fantasy.

You can easily calculate a rough guess of how many miles you can go from your percentage. Take your battery size (for me with a Touring, it's 92 kWh. For a GT, that would be 112). Multiply by your current percentage. Then multiply that by what your current trip performance is. (i.e., 3.6 mi/kWh).

If you want to make it easier, skip the exact battery pack size and just assume it's 100. So then just multiply your current percentage by your current mi/kWh. It'll be a bit high on a Touring and a bit low on the GT, but it'll give you a good enough guess to know when you should stop to charge.

Keep in mind that you don't want to go to 0%. So you can subtract whatever percentage you are comfortable with as a reserve from your current percentage before beginning. So, if you are currently at 60%, and you want to charge when you get to 10%, start with 50%. Multiply 112 x 50% = 56. Multiply 56 x 3.6 (or whatever your current mi/kWh is) = 201.6.

The reason this is better is that you are basing on your actual battery percentage and how well your car is performing efficiency-wise right now. As opposed to the EPA rating, which is an ideal. As conditions change (you start going uphill, say, or the wind changes, or you speed up) you can recalculate and get an updated estimate. Just keep an eye on your mi/kWh and adjust your calculations whenever that changes by more than a few tenths.

Why Lucid doesn't use this simple formula when showing estimate is beyond most of our understanding. It still wouldn't be perfect, but it would be a lot better than what they do now.

Percent is the actual percent of charge in your battery. It's based on reality. Unlike estimated miles, which is a fantasy.

You can easily calculate a rough guess of how many miles you can go from your percentage. Take your battery size (for me with a Touring, it's 92 kWh. For a GT, that would be 118). Multiply by your current percentage. Then multiply that by what your current trip performance is. (i.e., 3.6 mi/kWh).

If you want to make it easier, skip the exact battery pack size and just assume it's 100. So then just multiply your current percentage by your current mi/kWh. It'll be a bit high on a Touring and a bit low on the GT, but it'll give you a good enough guess to know when you should stop to charge.

Keep in mind that you don't want to go to 0%. So you can subtract whatever percentage you are comfortable with as a reserve from your current percentage before beginning. So, if you are currently at 60%, and you want to charge when you get to 10%, start with 50%. Multiply 118 x 50% = 59. Multiply 59 x 3.6 (or whatever your current mi/kWh is) = 212.4.

The reason this is better is that you are basing on your actual battery percentage and how well your car is performing efficiency-wise right now. As opposed to the EPA rating, which is an ideal. As conditions change (you start going uphill, say, or the wind changes, or you speed up) you can recalculate and get an updated estimate. Just keep an eye on your mi/kWh and adjust your calculations whenever that changes by more than a few tenths.

Why Lucid doesn't use this simple formula when showing estimate is beyond most of our understanding. It still wouldn't be perfect, but it would be a lot better than what they do now.
*112 kWh for GT, 118 kWh for GTP and DE

Just also keep in mind that no matter what the car says right now, the milage you actually get can change, up or down, depending on conditions. Moreso than with ICE cars. So keep an eye out and adjust your plans accordingly over time.

Alexa works for this I believe. You may even be able to set up a shortcut, so my idea is:
Set up a shortcut where you say "calculate my range with XX%"
Then, I would set the shortcut to multiply all the numbers together and perform the calculation.
Im not even sure if you could do this, but I have tried it for other things and it works!

Thank you all I been here for a year but treat me like a new user for now I come from the Tesla world and this is all pretty new to me :) I appreciate the explanation. And trust me if I am asking your newer users and owners are for sure going to want to know!
IMG_8007.png

Thank you all I been here for a year but treat me like a new user for now I come from the Tesla world and this is all pretty new to me :) I appreciate the explanation. And trust me if I am asking your newer users and owners are for sure going to want to know!
View attachment 12950
Wait, touring and pure has different battery capacities?

Wait, touring and pure has different battery capacities?
I think that would be the RWD vs. the AWD? Someone can correct me on that. I thought the Pure AWD has the same 92 kWh as the Touring.

I think that would be the RWD vs. the AWD? Someone can correct me on that. I thought the Pure AWD has the same 92 kWh as the Touring.
That was my thought as well, but many sources repeat conflicting opinions.

I notice no difference in reported efficiency on my 20s vs 19s but I also heavily tinted my car so that might be masking the efficiency hit.

IMG_8021.jpeg

..but I also heavily tinted my car so that might be masking the efficiency hit.
Uh... why would tinting your car increase efficiency? Interior heat does not really play any part in range.. and if anything it would decrease it thanks to the 0.0000001 increase in drag CD.

1. 67 miles is not a large enough sample size.
2. As I have described several times in response to your other posts, wheel size has no bearing on efficiency. It is tire width and composition.

1. 67 miles is not a large enough sample size.
2. As I have described several times in response to your other posts, wheel size has no bearing on efficiency. It is tire width and composition.
What is a good sample size i Can maybe reset one of my trip counters

Back