- Joined
- Nov 23, 2023
- Messages
- 1,942
- Reaction score
- 2,558
- Location
- Arizona & Washington
- Cars
- Pure AWD 19"/ Lexus SC
Please forgive me if this is a stupid question... I have heard talk about an eventual Air OTA 3.x.x release representing a significant software design shift, such that new UX capabilities could eventually be introduced to the Air. My expectations for that were never high, but it seems like Lucid jumping their OTA naming conventions to OTA 2.8.9 as quickly as they did has boxed them an OTA beginning with '3' sooner than later. Hence, my question... Is the first Air OTA of 3.x.x likely to represent a major design shift, or just another number in a long (and welcome) series of feature releases?
As much as I would love to see a major design shift open the door to new exciting capabilities, I would hate to see it reintroduce a number of transition-induced reliability issues.
As a side note... I am so happy to see responsibility for Lucid's current software 'situation' shift to the capable hands of Emad Dlala. Seeing his empassioned and brilliant work on the hardware side makes me a lot more optimistic about where we are heading on the software side.
As much as I would love to see a major design shift open the door to new exciting capabilities, I would hate to see it reintroduce a number of transition-induced reliability issues.
As a side note... I am so happy to see responsibility for Lucid's current software 'situation' shift to the capable hands of Emad Dlala. Seeing his empassioned and brilliant work on the hardware side makes me a lot more optimistic about where we are heading on the software side.