What Are Service Centers Doing To Brand New Airs?

MPawelek

Cars
None
Multiple reports of new Airs arriving at service centers but weeks until delivered. Should not these cars be ready to go right after they are unloaded from the delivery trucks from the factory? What are the service centers doing additionally to each car?

Multiple reports of new Airs arriving at service centers but weeks until delivered. Should not these cars be ready to go right after they are unloaded from the delivery trucks from the factory? What are the service centers doing additionally to each car?
I can’t say exactly what they do but the service center is where they discovered I had Tahoe doors to go with my Mojave interior!

I can’t say exactly what they do but the service center is where they discovered I had Tahoe doors to go with my Mojave interior!
I was really hoping you'd keep that

To the lay observer it would seem that they have moved final inspection out to service centers instead of at a gate before cars leave the factory. Odd.

I think it makes sense for service centers to check them for now. Need to have staff available in case of recalls and repairs but don't want them idling either. Final check too to make sure nothing went wrong during transportation.

how the hell does it make it that far with noone noticing? Also, PLEASE tell me you got a picture?!?!!!?!

We know it’s called PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection). Depending on the service center, it’s taken as fast as same day it arrived, to several weeks (1 month+), depending on what they find.

Back