What about using Apple Shortcuts to make up some missing app features?

socktucker

Active Member

Joined
Sep 17, 2025
Messages
3,747
Reaction score
3,370
Location
Silicone Grease It
Cars
Lucid Air
I wish that I could, for example, disable walk-away lock and unlock at home, like Tesla does. Or, schedule the car to warm up at certains, etc.

I've noticed the Apple Shortcuts app does do have shortcuts for lock, unlock, and something called "lock/unlock" which is maybe a toggle?

Has anybody smarter than me figured out ways to use shortcuts to emulate some of these functions?
 
Check out Home Assistant with the Lucid integration. Search those words here and you’ll find a thread I started a while ago.
 
Check out Home Assistant with the Lucid integration. Search those words here and you’ll find a thread I started a while ago.
didn't realize that was tteh same thing

I can't get any shortcuts to work anyways. Even a basic "unlock at X time" doesn't work.
 
didn't realize that was tteh same thing

I can't get any shortcuts to work anyways. Even a basic "unlock at X time" doesn't work.
Sorry, it’s not the same thing; I was offering a (admittedly somewhat more complex, but imho worthwhile) solution. Had nothing actually to do with Apple Shortcuts. I should’ve been clearer.
 
Sorry, it’s not the same thing; I was offering a (admittedly somewhat more complex, but imho worthwhile) solution. Had nothing actually to do with Apple Shortcuts. I should’ve been clearer.
yeah I saw that it is way above my paygrade. I just wanted the car to unlock at 8am. The shortcut just doesn't work lol
 
I actually just got a pi5 to play with HA I’m going to try it in the car with Wi-Fi to my phone.
First I need to figure out the build there seems to be a number of parts to collect to get to the lucid part.
Also looking at a real xsm radio install
 
Yeah, it’s too complicated. I just wanted the car to unlock at 8 AM, but the shortcut doesn’t work. 😅
 
Back
Top