Referral code: Q1JU0G9U
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
23' Air Touring
Referral Code
Q1JU0G9U
IMG_0050.jpeg

Is anyone going to this event tomorrow? I will be there.

Hi Bobby,

I will see you there. I am Andre.
Good morning Andre,

I called the studio this morning and I was told that we can’t sit inside the car . I decided not to attend the event until I can have full access.. I am sorry I am going to miss you …
Please take lots of pictures
Thanks

Bobby

We're going over from Naples today. However, I just had a very weird phone call with the West Palm Beach studio. They said the Gravity has been on display there since Saturday, March 3. I asked then what was special about today's 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. VIP event for which I received an invitation. The sales person was confused by the question, telling me the car is roped off but already on view for anyone who comes in and that there will be no additional access to the vehicle for the VIP invitees. I asked if the car was going to the Miami studio after West Palm Beach, as that's a shorter drive for us. They were not sure but said it would be in West Palm for "a couple of weeks". I said the invitation said it was available for general viewing there from March 6-13. Again, confusion ensued about what information was in that VIP invitation and what was even the point of the invitation.

The car on display is the silver Grand Touring with Tahoe interior from the L.A. Auto Show, not the green Dream Edition. I asked if the interior and exterior color displays that were at the L. A. show were traveling with the car but was told they are not. I told them I was hoping we could at least see the color choices in case orders opened up before we could get back across the state to one of the studios. I was told that it is a 2025 model and it would "be a year" before orders opened up, so there would be plenty of time to see colors later. This left me a bit aghast, as I have been hearing the car would enter production by year end and that orders might open up in late summer.

If Lucid isn't even going to open up orders for this car for another year there is big trouble afoot for Lucid's prospects as other makers are getting footholds in the EV SUV market.

We're still going over this afternoon, as we've blocked out time for the trip. But it ain't going to amount to much, apparently. We'll get to take a few pictures from behind a rope. At least there are a couple of decent restaurants in Rosemary Square.

Good morning Andre,

I called the studio this morning and I was told that we can’t sit inside the car . I decided not to attend the event until I can have full access.. I am sorry I am going to miss you …
Please take lots of pictures
Thanks

Bobby
I was looking forward to seeing some people there. But ok, I will take pics. (and try to sit inside when they are not looking.)

We're going over from Naples today. However, I just had a very weird phone call with the West Palm Beach studio. They said the Gravity has been on display there since Saturday, March 3. I asked then what was special about today's 4:00 - 8:00 p.m. VIP event for which I received an invitation. The sales person was confused by the question, telling me the car is roped off but already on view for anyone who comes in and that there will be no additional access to the vehicle for the VIP invitees. I asked if the car was going to the Miami studio after West Palm Beach, as that's a shorter drive for us. They were not sure but said it would be in West Palm for "a couple of weeks". I said the invitation said it was available for general viewing there from March 6-13. Again, confusion ensued about what information was in that VIP invitation and what was even the point of the invitation.

The car on display is the silver Grand Touring with Tahoe interior from the L.A. Auto Show, not the green Dream Edition. I asked if the interior and exterior color displays that were at the L. A. show were traveling with the car but was told they are not. I told them I was hoping we could at least see the color choices in case orders opened up before we could get back across the state to one of the studios. I was told that it is a 2025 model and it would "be a year" before orders opened up, so there would be plenty of time to see colors later. This left me a bit aghast, as I have been hearing the car would enter production by year end and that orders might open up in late summer.

If Lucid isn't even going to open up orders for this car for another year there is big trouble afoot for Lucid's prospects as other makers are getting footholds in the EV SUV market.

We're still going over this afternoon, as we've blocked out time for the trip. But it ain't going to amount to much, apparently. We'll get to take a few pictures from behind a rope. At least there are a couple of decent restaurants in Rosemary Square.
Hmm. Your phone call scares me a bit. I went to a VIP event in Miami for the Lucid a while back and it was boring. Nothing special and got to talk to same sales guys I bought my car from. I wonder if this event in palm beach will be the same, not very eventful event.

I wouldn't assume that the reps at the studio know information about the Gravity's launch, as they are not informed on these kinds of specific things. After so many delays, if it does end up getting delayed even further to 2025, as much as I hate to say it, we might just forget it and keep our EV9.

I was told that it is a 2025 model and it would "be a year" before orders opened up, so there would be plenty of time to see colors later. This left me a bit aghast, as I have been hearing the car would enter production by year end and that orders might open up in late summer.

This doesn't sound like new information to me? It will be a 2025 model with (hopefully) deliveries starting in Q4 2024. The "be a year" quote sounds like just a hand-wavy estimate which still leaves room for Q4. My guess is only Gravity DE will be delivering in 2024, but that's entirely speculation. We've been told there will be no preordering for the Gravity, so I'm expecting orders to open in Q4 as well. After production has started, and I'd guess after many/most of our studios have Gravity floor models for us to check out. I'm also expecting a much shorter delay from ordering to delivery because of that schedule.

Just to clarify for you in case it matters….The Silver one is the Dream Edition. The green one is the Grand Touring.

Doubt it, since Lucid reiterated getting the Gravity into production this year on their conference call. Even if you can't sit in, it's worth going. Maybe you can use some of your super secret Lucid contacts to get you past the velvet ropes 😁

Just to clarify for you in case it matters….The Silver one is the Dream Edition. The green one is the Grand Touring.

Interesting. Now that I think back to the L.A. video, you're right. When I said to the sales person today, "so you've got the Grand Touring version instead of the Dream Edition", she responded, "yes".

What really mattered more to me was to see that greenish color in person. Silver is a non-starter for me, but the green could be interesting.

It will be a 2025 model with (hopefully) deliveries starting in Q4 2024. The "be a year" quote sounds like just a hand-wavy estimate which still leaves room for Q4.

I actually told the sales person that, although I knew it would be designated a 2025 model, there had been consistent teases about a late 2024 production start. She pressed ahead with her "year out" take, though, telling me that no production decisions had been made, even about colors. I then pointed out that the color palettes had been on display in L.A. and included three new Gravity-only colors and four interior colors, two in leather and two in synthetics. That sounded to me like colors were locked in. She said they had heard nothing along those lines.

Interesting. Now that I think back to the L.A. video, you're right. When I said to the sales person today, "so you've got the Grand Touring version instead of the Dream Edition", she responded, "yes".

What really mattered more to me was to see that greenish color in person. Silver is a non-starter for me, but the green could be interesting.

I actually told the sales person that, although I knew it would be designated a 2025 model, there had been consistent teases about a late 2024 production start. She pressed ahead with her "year out" take, though, telling me that no production decisions had been made, even about colors. I then pointed out that the color palettes had been on display in L.A. and included three new Gravity-only colors and four interior colors, two in leather and two in synthetics. That sounded to me like colors were locked in. She said they had heard nothing along those lines.
There is simply no way colors are not locked down or at least 99 percent production ready. Every video I've seen has had those colors described in extreme detail, with some having animal free options and some having leather.

Also, why is silver bad for you? I thought it looked modern and sleek in it!

If it helps at all, it is a different silver than the Cosmos Silver and is beautiful in person (I too, would not personally choose silver to purchase) and the Gravity is well worth seeing in person even without being able to sit inside it. Pictures don’t do it justice.

If it helps at all, it is a different silver than the Cosmos Silver and is beautiful in person (I too, would not personally choose silver to purchase) and the Gravity is well worth seeing in person even without being able to sit inside it. Pictures don’t do it justice.
What color/trim will you be going for? ZR is available, for reference...

Aurora Green with Ojai is the combo

Aurora Green with Ojai is the combo
I would have paired it with the tahoe interior actually, since that's as close as you can get to the classic BRG/Tan combo! Ojai would look nice with it though if it does have that slightly off-white tint I imagine that it does.

I would have paired it with the tahoe interior actually, since that's as close as you can get to the classic BRG/Tan combo! Ojai would look nice with it though if it does have that slightly off-white tint I imagine that it does.
Yosemite looks better but it's non leather

Back