Well here it is Tesla Plaid versus Lucid Air Sapphire on the same day in the same place~ no excuses!

Sapphire with a very strong trap speed of 155 mph in the video. Running 1.4 60 foots now and very low 9’s. Pretty much in line with everything I said in this thread. It’s officially faster and quicker than a model S plaid.

I still think 21" wheels are shooting yourself in the foot for drag racing. Lucid should do what Dodge does with the Demon and offer "track pack" rear wheels with the sapphire, which should be specially designed 19" (or whatever the smallest diameter that will clear the rear brake is) light weight wheels with drag racing tires. This way Sapphire owners can swap them out at the track and run consistent 8 second passes imo.
+1 ... if Plaid gets 20 minutes to optimize battery, Sapphire should get 20 minutes to swap on the slicks. ;)

That makes more sense. Great showing by the Sapphire pulling on the plaid. Boy that tesla owner irks me though. Something about his attitude.
That TeslaPlaidOwner was devastated by the results. Oh well...what else is new.

A question, is this the same Plaid with all the guts stripped down?

A question, is this the same Plaid with all the guts stripped down?
It is the same one from the last video. He has at least 170 pounds stripped out by way of the back seats according to him.

It is the same one from the last video. He has at least 170 pounds stripped out by way of the back seats according to him.
To make it equal, can the Sapphire be launched remotely without the driver?
I know, it's a silly question.

Certainly it can, but only once. Put it in drive, open window, get out, close door, toss a brick on the accelerator.

Certainly it can, but only once. Put it in drive, open window, get out, close door, toss a brick on the accelerator.
Lol, I'll be on the side line, snapping some great vids, for posterity of course.

Stock to Stock 10 laps on any road course it will not be close. The Sapphire's systems are much more robust.

Back