Weird sound coming from the front driver door lock actuator when unlocking

archon810

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Jul 14, 2025
Messages
171
Reaction score
283
Cars
Lucid Gravity GT
I've had the Gravity for 2 days, and yesterday I noticed a noise when unlocking the driver side front door. During the unlock, the actuator makes this weird sound. It's especially apparent if I hold the door down when unlocking to demonstrate. Here is the video. None of the other three doors do this.


Is anyone else's Gravity doing this? Just unlock and hold the door down to see if you can reproduce. The door unlocks fine, so it's not a functionality issue but rather a noise complaint.
 
I've had the Gravity for 2 days, and yesterday I noticed a noise when unlocking the driver side front door. During the unlock, the actuator makes this weird sound. It's especially apparent if I hold the door down when unlocking to demonstrate. Here is the video. None of the other three doors do this.


Is anyone else's Gravity doing this? Just unlock and hold the door down to see if you can reproduce. The door unlocks fine, so it's not a functionality issue but rather a noise complaint.
Nope, that’s super weird.
 
I do have the same issue on Driver door during unlock. Mobile tech appointment tomorrow, not sure if they can fix it
 
Lucid service ended up replacing a part, now it sounds normal.
When the sound made by an electro-mechanical system changes, it's often a bad sign. Glad to hear they replaced a part, as it was quite possibly going down a road towards failing to operate.
 
Some more info from my service repair notes:

Concern: Customer states that the driver-side front door unlock actuator makes a weird, annoying sound when operating. Please check and advise.

Cause: Front left door latch microswitch repeatedly activates during operating.

Corrections: Verified concern. Inspected left front door latch. Verified connections are secure and harness is free of damage. Verified power and ground signals.
Removed and replaced left front door latch. Tested and verified vehicle is operating as designed.

Part: P21-C54010-03 ASSY SIDE DR LATCH LH
 
Back
Top