RESOLVED Weird noises while driving (suspension?)

Shenlon

Cars
Air GT
Hey all

So a few weeks back my Air GT was making some weird noises that sounded like static from the speakers when going over any slight bumps in the road. When I had the tech come out, I could not replicate the problem, but shortly afterwards, I noticed the car making a lot of squeaking noises even on a smooth road. In addition I noticed that the alignment seemed off with the car pulling to the left, so I called tech support this weekend to open a ticket. This morning, I noticed this bag hanging from underneath the car near the suspension, and I am wondering if it is all related? Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I haven't hit any potholes or anything that should have messed with the alignment, so definitely curious if all of this is related? Any thoughts as to what this bag could be would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 20230627_081837.jpg
    20230627_081837.jpg
    814.2 KB · Views: 197
  • 20230627_081930.jpg
    20230627_081930.jpg
    680 KB · Views: 201
Hey all

So a few weeks back my Air GT was making some weird noises that sounded like static from the speakers when going over any slight bumps in the road. When I had the tech come out, I could not replicate the problem, but shortly afterwards, I noticed the car making a lot of squeaking noises even on a smooth road. In addition I noticed that the alignment seemed off with the car pulling to the left, so I called tech support this weekend to open a ticket. This morning, I noticed this bag hanging from underneath the car near the suspension, and I am wondering if it is all related? Does anyone have any idea what this could be? I haven't hit any potholes or anything that should have messed with the alignment, so definitely curious if all of this is related? Any thoughts as to what this bag could be would be appreciated!
The squeaking specifically could be coming from the rear deck leather rubbing against the glass, there is an easy fix for this that @Bobby knows of.

Hey all

Looks like road debris that got caught

When Polar 🐼 picked up Juno 🐻‍❄️ (Air Grand Touring Quantum grey) had funny noise underneath the front suspension. Looking underneath the car noticed a cloth rag stuck within and realized that the ongoing process of the fans etc going on and off causing the cloth rag to be sucked up off the garage floor. It didn’t affect my driving but kept hearing something strange. Finally able to pull the rag out and no problems since. Yes your incident is much different but a bag or anything small can be stuck underneath.

I thought it was road debris as well, but it is a cloth like bag, not a plastic one. When pulling on it, it definitely seems like it is coming off of the car

My cloth was an old tshirt that PB laid underneath Juno 🐻‍❄️ to absorb the water condensation from AC. It definitely took a few hard yanks to free it !

So I pulled on it, and it definitely was part of the car. Seems like it was some kind of insulation from where I was able to reach under the car to take a picture.

Attachments

• 20230627_150734.jpg
    20230627_150734.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 155
  • 20230627_150716.jpg
    20230627_150716.jpg
    513.5 KB · Views: 137
1687915720429.png

Time to call back Customer Service ! Gee that definitely is interesting to see. Please update us. Wondering if it is affecting your alignment !

So just to close the loop on this. Turns out when I went through some water, apparently part of the plastic on the underbody cracked, and that has some insulation on it. Interesting thing is, I did not bottom out or anything, but there was a big gush hitting the underbody as it was a lot of water...guess I hit it just the right way to create a crack? Or maybe when I had the car valeted, they bottomed out, didnt tell me and hitting the water was the nail in the coffin for that crack. Thanks to all for your comments and help!

So just to close the loop on this. Turns out when I went through some water, apparently part of the plastic on the underbody cracked, and that has some insulation on it. Interesting thing is, I did not bottom out or anything, but there was a big gush hitting the underbody as it was a lot of water...guess I hit it just the right way to create a crack? Or maybe when I had the car valeted, they bottomed out, didnt tell me and hitting the water was the nail in the coffin for that crack. Thanks to all for your comments and help!
What had to be done to repair it?

Shenlon, did LUCID Service replace the front undercarriage plastic covering for you ? When PB first drove Juno 🐻‍❄️ (Air Grand Touring) she bottomed out a very slight dip at a crosswalk. Scraped the underside so definitely learned whenever possible to angle through AND SLOW DOWN ! It does take getting use to the low suspension. Hopefully everything is fixed and thanks for sharing !

Hey guys,

Just wanted to close the loop on this thread. I sent the car down to the VA service station on July 25 to check for the squeaking sounds that sounded like it was coming from the suspension. During the 3 months that they had the car (I just got the car back last week), they were not able to replicate the squeaking noise.

You may be wondering why it took about 3 months to get the car back....well, apparently it was damaged during the shipping down there, and that took some time to address. Also, I was told that they addressed the rubbing sounds I get from the back panel in the car that sounds like static by bracing it, but I heard it again yesterday.

As for the underbody and bent rims...they replaced the underbody panel (I asked if there were any scratches anywhere else under the car and I was told no), so still not sure how just that small part cracked, but that cost me around ~$350 to replace. I did not replace the wheels as I was told that the car goes straight and still does not have any shimmy while driving highway speeds, but was told I have to keep an eye on that.

I hope that I dont get that squeaking sound again, but when they open up the service center near me, I do plan on getting the rear seat paneling addressed.

Thats all for now!

Finally got word what this sound is! Turns out it is the control arm, so they are currently working on it

Hi Shenlon ! So so sorry to hear of the long 3 months wait. Juno 🐻‍❄️ (Grand Touring) had a constant vibration or thumping sound which emanated from around the passenger door area a month ago and constantly got louder. Fortunately it happened about a week prior to Juno 🐻‍❄️’s annual physical. So that issue was addressed during the service appointment. It was the front control arm nuts and also the front sway bar end links. Also Polar 🐼 remembered reading somewhere in another thread someone had a similar issue too.

Back