Reviving my old question but with some additional info:
1. I am in possession of a different 2025 Air touring. Love the car.
2
@Chompy4u suggestion and confirmed enthusiastically by an electrician I have used before and installs many home chargers, I’m also in possession of an Emporia Pro charger
3 in order to be able to reach outside of my garage, I want to install the charger on the middle of my garage sidewall, and plan on putting a cable organizer/hook close to the charging point on the front left of the parked car. There will be some cable hanging from the charger to the hook where the rest of the cable will be spooled.
4 my garage is kinda tight as I took a three car garage and walled off one stall for a woodworking shop
5 the charger will be installed on the wall about where a door would open and I’ll need to get around it.
A quick search on various AI tools only point to a minimum height off of the floor. It seems I will need to install this box t least 56 inches off the floor to avoid the possibility of a door hitting it. I’m wondering about installing it even a bit higher to get out of the way of people getting into/out of the car.
Question - are there any issues installing the charger at say six feet other than some potential compromise to its reach outside of the garage? Curious if a higher really makes sense now that center garage seems to be the location?