Waiting for my red GT

ac.bill

Verified Owner
Cars
2018 Volt, Air GT
Driving electric for over 5 years now, started with a used LEAF I bought to take apart and study. That car now a hand-me-down w/ well over 100k miles on it. I love to tinker on things electrical and mechanical, but no longer actually paid to do that. Love track days on 2 or 4 wheels, back road blasts, and touring. Hoping the Air GT will serve me well traveling from my Texas home to the fun places with twisty roads.

I'm considering switching to red. What interior are you both getting with the red.

I'm considering switching to red. What interior are you both getting with the red.
If I were getting the red, I'd get either the Santa Cruz or Mohave interior, depending on whether you like a light or dark interior.

I say this even though I chose the Tahoe interior for my Air GT, but that's because my car will be Quantum Grey.

I ended up going with Santa Cruz on my Red GT. It was between Mohave and Santa Cruz.

It's funny that we all seem to be debating between the same 2. I reserved with Mojave but switched to Santa Cruz with my final reservation. I just thought the red and black combination is stock standard and preferred the look of the dash with Santa Cruz. The downside to Santa Cruz is the carpet as it will be hard to keep clean.

Santa Cruz. As with the wheels I kept changing my mind. No studio within driving range so I only had the website to go by.

Mine will have the Tahoe interior.

That
The downside to Santa Cruz is the carpet as it will be hard to keep clean.
I agree, I plan on Scotch guarding the carpet immediately and I purchased all weather floor mats.

Santa Cruz as well. Ditto on Scotch Guard. Hopefully they'll be done color matched rubber soon.

I’m thinking Santa Cruz as well, but I’m still waiting to get the email to convert my reservation into an order

Also going with Zenith red and Santa Cruz interior. I think the walnut trim and brown stitching play off the red well.

Weather Tech only comes in black, grey, tan and cocoa. Neither works with Santa Cruz. My younger brother lives near plant in Illinois I wonder if they'd want to scan my car? I'd agree if they make Cream.

Weather Tech only comes in black, grey, tan and cocoa. Neither works with Santa Cruz. My younger brother lives near plant in Illinois I wonder if they'd want to scan my car? I'd agree if they make Cream.
Cream would get so dirty...

I’m sure Lucid or someone will make all weather mats eventually. I’m more concerned in winter / doing a snow trip. Impossible to keep shoes clean in the snow.

I ended up getting the black with the Santa Cruz interior, I figured for $38, I would use them until a better color match came along. I thought the black would better fit with the black front seats and the other trim in black. If I don’t like it, just toss it and start again.

Back