Waiting for my red GT

There are times I think about leaving Texas and moving back to the green hills of Upstate New York where I spent my youth in small town bliss. We would walk to the lake for swimming or fishing, ride bikes all day, 'camp out' in the back yard lying in the cool grass and clover.
And then I recalled that time was at best three months out of the year. The rest of the time was shoveling snow, stomping through mud, swatting blackflies, and wondering why they couldn't build a car that didn't rust away.
I want to thank you guys for reminding me that winter is real in some places :)

and I'll skip the rubber floor mats

I guess it's a good thing weather tech doesn't make you get them in a set of 4. I wonder if they'll make the rear one piece.

There are quite a few companies that will make carpet floor mats in a rainbow of colors with a rubber backing. You could even get the the lucid logo emblazoned on them. If they don’t have a template since the car is so new to the marketplace you can send one in brown paper. Have done this with a number of classics in the past

Just use the motor trend ones until you can find a replacement. They are almost a perfect fit, especially for the rear.

I guess it's a good thing weather tech doesn't make you get them in a set of 4. I wonder if they'll make the rear one piece.

WeatherTech does make a "trim-to-fit" version that has a one-piece second row mat. There's also a place on their website where you can request that they make mats for a car they currently don't have listed. I figure if they get enough requests for Lucid Air mats they'll develop some.

Back