VinFast infotainment

This journalist’s story is eerie bizarre going into Vietnam. It seems VinFast is just a cult show to boast accomplishment of richest man in Vietnam.
Even if VinFast is an objectively bad product, it's presumably not subject to Vietnam's stiff tariffs on imported cars, and thus may make sense for a lot of people. Guessing this dog-and-pony show is a combination of ego-feeding and wanting to legitimize VinFast as a global brand.

I do wonder how the battery leasing program would work. If you stop paying the lease, do they take the battery back somehow? Or do they simply brick your car?

Nothing beat real experience from actual owner .... As long as you know how to fix EV yourself, you shouldn't have problem owning Vinfast :)

Last edited:
Nothing beat real experience from actual owner .... As long as you know how to fix EV yourself, you shouldn't have problem owning Vinfast :)

He is experiencing what some early Tesla owners got attacked by Tesla fanboys.

Last edited:
Even if VinFast is an objectively bad product, it's presumably not subject to Vietnam's stiff tariffs on imported cars, and thus may make sense for a lot of people. Guessing this dog-and-pony show is a combination of ego-feeding and wanting to legitimize VinFast as a global brand.

I do wonder how the battery leasing program would work. If you stop paying the lease, do they take the battery back somehow? Or do they simply brick your car?

I believe it would be equivalent of this:

He is very honest like Kyle. I actually enjoying his review and find him very amusing.

Back