Various Issues after 1500 miles AT

Samo23

Cars
Chevy Volt
Wanted to post an update, reach out to the community, and share some experiences after 1500 miles and roughly one month with the Touring.

First, the car overall is great. Has great potential I should say. It's hard to be upset with the car even when things go wrong, because other parts are so good and know Lucid will take care of these issues.

Here are some issues I'm having that pop up variably, and some that have stuck. Hoping maybe some of you have experienced similar issues and have found ways to resolve or have been resolved from Service.

Key fobs started not working, and now both have become completely unfunctional, will not link to car and are seemingly dead? Using valet card now, mobile key also doesn't work. Ever. Valet card works maybe 1/3 times and have had many times just standing there swiping in 47 different ways. None of the methods seem to be consistent which is frustrating and strange.

While turning right at >55mph or so, front left tire makes audible and tangible hum/rub. Like wheel bearing is bad?

Suspension appears to be stuck in sprint mode. No discernible difference in ride quality whatsoever to sprint mode or smooth. Noticed ride quality change after putting car in sprint in early days, and then noticed it never returned to softer dampener setting. Acceleration is definitely not in sprint, just suspension is stuck there?

Left camera on pillar has moisture in it.

Back left panel/trunk has horrific buff/swirl marks from factory. Horrific. So much so will be looking to have the entire back panel and trunk replaced when I have time for Lucid to do it.

Just today regen only on standard, even though setting set to high. Car suddenly will not do full high regen. No the battery is not at 99% or even close to it.

Surround sound intermittently simply does not work, only front speakers fire.

Also, efficiency. I don't care what anyone has to argue, I've driven the car like an absolute grandmother downhill with the wind and gotten at best 3.4mi/kwh. This is ZERO accessory use. Zero. It's unacceptable frankly. This is not my first EV.

Try replacing the batteries in both keys. They seem to go dead early from activating the car every time you walk by. Sometimes the app on the phone works better. Try a hard reset. 3.4m/kw is also the best I’ve gotten. I’ve averaged 3.0m/kw for the last 14,000 miles, very little in sprint and 12000 miles on the 19 inch wheels. Not the efficiency I was expecting but close to 350 miles driving which is more than my bladder can handle by along shot. It is surprising that you have the quality control problems in fit and finish after the factory has been up and running for a year and has presumably been fine tuning production.

I just got 3.5 mi/kWh on a 300 mile round trip NYC road trip on 19” wheels at the correct pressure 49 psi cold, speeds 50-80mph, temps 40-50F, no wind, cabin temp set to 72 and preheated every time before I got in the car. I think the efficiency calculator in the car does take time to calculate and calibrate correctly, not sure how many miles, and I did see an improvement after 2500ish miles, Lucid service explained the drive motors have internal resistance which needs to break in and it takes about that long. Some disagree with that, but it seemed to happen in my case.

Text service about all the other issues, especially the wheel, pillar camera moisture (a couple other owners had this, mine doesn’t) and if replacing fob battery and repairing them didn’t work. I’m assuming you tried all the reboot methods?

If your car is truly stuck in Sprint mode, that may explain your efficiency issues.

I just got 3.5 mi/kWh on a 300 mile round trip NYC road trip on 19” wheels at the correct pressure 49 psi cold, speeds 50-80mph, temps 40-50F, no wind, cabin temp set to 72 and preheated every time before I got in the car. I think the efficiency calculator in the car does take time to calculate and calibrate correctly, not sure how many miles, and I did see an improvement after 2500ish miles, Lucid service explained the drive motors have internal resistance which needs to break in and it takes about that long. Some disagree with that, but it seemed to happen in my case.

Text service about all the other issues, especially the wheel, pillar camera moisture (a couple other owners had this, mine doesn’t) and if replacing fob battery and repairing them didn’t work. I’m assuming you tried all the reboot methods?
I agree drive motors need time to break in and also wheels are brand new so rolling resistance is highest. We will see how it improves.

Rebooting method for the car I've used is left turn signal valet card lock exit. Any other suggestions? Also I didn't use one of the fobs at all, so for them both to go dead....one without use, just coincidenctly at the same time as the other....not likely haha. They're just not pairing. Something has malfunctioned.

If your car is truly stuck in Sprint mode, that may explain your efficiency issues.
Car is not stuck in sprint acceleration mode. Very noticeable difference in throttle. Absolutely no difference in suspension stiffness.

Wanted to post an update, reach out to the community, and share some experiences after 1500 miles and roughly one month with the Touring.

First, the car overall is great. Has great potential I should say. It's hard to be upset with the car even when things go wrong, because other parts are so good and know Lucid will take care of these issues.

Here are some issues I'm having that pop up variably, and some that have stuck. Hoping maybe some of you have experienced similar issues and have found ways to resolve or have been resolved from Service.

Key fobs started not working, and now both have become completely unfunctional, will not link to car and are seemingly dead? Using valet card now, mobile key also doesn't work. Ever. Valet card works maybe 1/3 times and have had many times just standing there swiping in 47 different ways. None of the methods seem to be consistent which is frustrating and strange.

While turning right at >55mph or so, front left tire makes audible and tangible hum/rub. Like wheel bearing is bad?

Suspension appears to be stuck in sprint mode. No discernible difference in ride quality whatsoever to sprint mode or smooth. Noticed ride quality change after putting car in sprint in early days, and then noticed it never returned to softer dampener setting. Acceleration is definitely not in sprint, just suspension is stuck there?

Left camera on pillar has moisture in it.

Back left panel/trunk has horrific buff/swirl marks from factory. Horrific. So much so will be looking to have the entire back panel and trunk replaced when I have time for Lucid to do it.

Just today regen only on standard, even though setting set to high. Car suddenly will not do full high regen. No the battery is not at 99% or even close to it.

Surround sound intermittently simply does not work, only front speakers fire.

Also, efficiency. I don't care what anyone has to argue, I've driven the car like an absolute grandmother downhill with the wind and gotten at best 3.4mi/kwh. This is ZERO accessory use. Zero. It's unacceptable frankly. This is not my first EV.
You did not mention the temperature. Full high regeneration is not available when battery is cold.

I agree drive motors need time to break in and also wheels are brand new so rolling resistance is highest. We will see how it improves.

Rebooting method for the car I've used is left turn signal valet card lock exit. Any other suggestions? Also I didn't use one of the fobs at all, so for them both to go dead....one without use, just coincidenctly at the same time as the other....not likely haha. They're just not pairing. Something has malfunctioned.
Ok yeah if the fobs won’t re-pair then service needs to look at the car. There was an owner I met at the service center whose fobs were no longer recognized by the car after he had his navigation system reset, so you’re not the only one. I don’t know the owners name but he was from Maine so if your service center wants to call the Natick center and ask them if they found a solution for the dead fobs from the customer from Maine on 1/27 that might expedite a solution for you.

@Samo23 Did you figure out what was wrong with the suspension being stuck in Sprint? I feel like I might have a similar issue. I am not sure though but the suspension does not really feel different under any of the different drive modes. I was thinking about discussing it with Lucid but let me know if you found the solution. Thanks!

Back