Using an Adapter for a Tesla Level 2 Charger

MikeC

Reaction score
Cars
Touring
Just took delivery of a 2022 Lucid Air GT demonstrator. I traded it for my Tesla Model S. The Lucid home charger will not arrive til mid-October or later and I don't have a NEMA outlet in my garage. I was wondering if I can safely use my Tesla Level 2 charger with an EVDance Tesla to J1772 Charging Adapter. Lucid customer service says, they don't recommend it and anything that might happen as a result would void the warranty. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I try it or got to an Electrify America charger until my home charger arrives?

Just took delivery of a 2022 Lucid Air GT demonstrator. I traded it for my Tesla Model S. The Lucid home charger will not arrive til mid-October or later and I don't have a NEMA outlet in my garage. I was wondering if I can safely use my Tesla Level 2 charger with an EVDance Tesla to J1772 Charging Adapter. Lucid customer service says, they don't recommend it and anything that might happen as a result would void the warranty. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I try it or got to an Electrify America charger until my home charger arrives?
I owned a Tesla since 2012 so I also have Tesla accessories as well. I've been using Tesla to J1772 adapter for my Lucid for the past 2 years and it's been fine.

The issue is: there's no certification to prove that these adapters are safe for Lucid or they may melt and burn down the whole house.

I too went from Model S to Lucid.

I have this charger adapter from tesla to Lucid:

- when you plug it in, it will start charging immediately, with error message saying scheduled charging not supported on charger.
- stop the charging, then wait, it will schedule the charging properly after 10 min or so
- if you forget to "lock" the adapter to the tesla charger, it will give errors, not sure why.

been a month and some, its worked fine.

Back