Useful videos I found ... with a foreword.

Just going to throw this out there to all those who believe Lucid has no idea what they are doing or are in financial trouble. Just because you may have bought high and sold low, doesn't mean Lucid is doing poorly. When in doubt, zoom out.

Lucid - Up 74% since IPO
Rivian - Down 71% since IPO
Tesla - Down 3% since Lucid IPO, down 20% since Rivian IPO

I guess the mega investors need to listen to the forum..
Are you basing this on the Churchill Capital IPO? That wouldn’t be super relevant as a comp because the CCIV stock IPO would always price in the risk that a SPAC merger would ultimately not complete (versus RIVN which was a traditional IPO…that people got overexcited for! :) )

At IPO merger July 2021, LCID opened at $25.24.

IDK the answer to your first statement. https://www.pif.gov.sa/en/Pages/OurInvestments-Global.aspx

Yes. Both your paragraphs could turn out to be true. Time will tell. And yes, push to shove, Lucid, under duress, could very well get things done. Example: They could suspend Gravity till 2025 or beyond & work on getting the P&T out, since that will be their money makers. They may end up 'offering' different battery sizes or subscription models for the battery sizes, depending on who wants what & when; and therefore price the vehicles accordingly. (Don't forget the tax credit is also going to limit their sales for the P&T customers.)

My $0.02/_: I'm 51% sure there are smarter people than me @ LCID and they are working out all these scenarios. Cost vs Revenue; Upcoming bill implications; Competition. Underwhelming tech in their current cars; etc ...

One thing I'm 100% I'm sure of: Peter Rawlinson did *not* start/join this company to fail. Nor did folks like Derek, Eric, others from 2018 or earlier. They have a lot more at $take (professionally, $ wise, etc) than my piddly $150K (compared to their $$$). They will do everything humanly possible to make sure LCID succeeds.
Jobs didn’t start Apple with the intent to get fired either…

IDK the answer to your first statement. https://www.pif.gov.sa/en/Pages/OurInvestments-Global.aspx

Yes. Both your paragraphs could turn out to be true. Time will tell. And yes, push to shove, Lucid, under duress, could very well get things done. Example: They could suspend Gravity till 2025 or beyond & work on getting the P&T out, since that will be their money makers. They may end up 'offering' different battery sizes or subscription models for the battery sizes, depending on who wants what & when; and therefore price the vehicles accordingly. (Don't forget the tax credit is also going to limit their sales for the P&T customers.)

My $0.02/_: I'm 51% sure there are smarter people than me @ LCID and they are working out all these scenarios. Cost vs Revenue; Upcoming bill implications; Competition. Underwhelming tech in their current cars; etc ...

One thing I'm 100% I'm sure of: Peter Rawlinson did *not* start/join this company to fail. Nor did folks like Derek, Eric, others from 2018 or earlier. They have a lot more at $take (professionally, $ wise, etc) than my piddly $150K (compared to their $$$). They will do everything humanly possible to make sure LCID succeeds.
PSA:

Saudi Aramco
, the world’s biggest oil firm, which this week announced a staggering $48.4bn of net income for the second quarter. They fund PIF.
(For comparison: TSLA 2.26bn; AAPL $19.4bn; MSFT $16.7bn)

I think LCID is 'safe' for now. I think if they dip their hands into their pockets, the loose change that falls out will be about 2bn/year easily ... :)

PSA:

Saudi Aramco
, the world’s biggest oil firm, which this week announced a staggering $48.4bn of net income for the second quarter. They fund PIF.
(For comparison: TSLA 2.26bn; AAPL $19.4bn; MSFT $16.7bn)

I think LCID is 'safe' for now. I think if they dip their hands into their pockets, the loose change that falls out will be about 2bn/year easily ... :)
I bumped into this article this morning that seems support your thesis.

Reactions: DJL
Back