Used shopping advice on Touring or Grand Touring

bb2e

Reaction score
Given current price opportunity in the used market, what would experienced owners recommend for used shopping criteria. Is there a "pretty good" model year where squeaks and non-software related trouble was mostly resolved ? What kind of inspection would you recommend ?

My feature short list for a lease was a 2024 Touring with aluminum roof, massage seats (not sure when those were made available), 19" range wheels but that's easy enough to swap out if I need. Still considering an 18 month lease.

What's the best used listing source ? I just listed a car on AutoTrader and was pretty disappointed. Sold on Facebook eventually but don't see any Lucid's on FB near me (Oregon).
Any idea what I should target as a purchase price for a low miles Touring ? And yes, I'd take a GT too if it was near enough in price but guessing it would not be.
I quickly learned selling my Rivian that there was a big gap between asking and offer prices. Took me a while and I got a TON of lowballs. It sold just south of the low end of the AutoTrader range, likely that price range is stale.

Just lease and don’t buy. Software is not reliable which makes the ownership experience less than desirable

I went for touring only because of price point. If I was to buy then I would get the GT because of 500+ miles. So far, knocking on wood, no s/w grimes. I haven’t performed single reset yet. Plus, the S/W is evolving. People tend to compare the s/w to Tesla but it has taken a decade before the s/w is reliable. I am sure Lucid will get there soon.

Heck, my 2015 Audi Q5 is buggy and can’t play anything other than YT media over B/T. Guess what, Audi didn’t do shit on these years

The main thing I'd be concerned about for any used vehicle is undisclosed crash or water damage. A careful physical inspection on a lift will illuminate most problems here.

In general, build quality improved a little bit every year. That said, my 2022 GT has had only the typical steering wheel creak (fixed by replacement under warranty) and the rear parcel shelf creak. Other than navigation, software has been ok - I'm not concerned about it going forward with all the work being done in advance of Gravity's release.

Just lease and don’t buy. Software is not reliable which makes the ownership experience less than desirable
This isn’t the typical experience. I purchased mine in 2022, and overall the entire car has been VERY reliable. The ownership experience has been nothing less than awesome!

Find a nice 2022 low mile GT they were almost all fully loaded and still have warranty for another 2 years. Finding said example for 65-68k shouldn’t be difficult. Great bang for the buck.

Find a nice 2022 low mile GT they were almost all fully loaded and still have warranty for another 2 years. Finding said example for 65-68k shouldn’t be difficult. Great bang for the buck.

Agree

I purchased a 2022 GTA 3 weeks ago from a private party off auto trader for 68k. 4700 miles. Very happy!

Couldn’t disagree more. Software is totally fine. Had bugs sometimes, but the overall experience is fantastic.

Couldn’t disagree more. Software is totally fine. Had bugs sometimes, but the overall experience is fantastic.
Lucid End user software experience is not consistent across the fleet. My personal experience in 4 months of ownership has been slightly below average. CarPlay, Auto Door Unlock, App slow to wake up the car when needed, etc. are just a few recurring issues…..maybe they work for you well :).
To each of our own!

My advice to OP was to maybe lease first, test the waters and one always have the option to buy later.

This isn’t the typical experience. I purchased mine in 2022, and overall the entire car has been VERY reliable. The ownership experience has been nothing less than awesome!
Lucid End user software experience is not consistent across the fleet. My personal experience in 4 months of ownership has been slightly below average. CarPlay, Auto Door Unlock, App slow to wake up the car when needed, etc. are just a few recurring issues…..maybe they work for you well :).
To each of our own!

My advice to OP was to maybe lease first, test the waters and one always have the option to buy later.

To each of our own!

I think had you said that, no one would have pushed back. But what you actually said was a bit more harsh and a blanket statement that said “the software is not reliable”.

I’m glad you clarified.

On a positive note - driving pleasure, EA charging, best in class legroom and passenger comfort coupled with amazing service and support.

To each of our own!

I never said the software was perfect. It definitely isn’t. It’s far improved from where it started, but it’s not perfect.

But… it is totally fine. Perfect? No. Usable, improving, mostly bug-free, and snappy? Yeah, it’s fine.

Back