USB ports and Car Play

ISOI

Hi

If I use car play wirelessly - will the car be confused if I then use one of the usb ports in the front center console to charge that same phone ? Does it matter which one is the two usb ports in the front center console? The built in charger may be used by my wife - hence the question

What I meant was if I am using car play wirelessly and then right during that I plugged into USB to charge what happens ? Does it stay wirless for car play? Does it switch to wired or get confused? Alternatively if I don’t want to use car play and just want to charge with the usb port- will it try to turn car play on automatically ?

What I meant was if I am using car play wirelessly and then right during that I plugged into USB to charge what happens ? Does it stay wirless for car play? Does it switch to wired or get confused? Alternatively if I don’t want to use car play and just want to charge with the usb port- will it try to turn car play on automatically ?
It will remain wireless CarPlay, and your phone will charge. No interruptions.

If you don’t ever set up CarPlay, it won’t activate when you plug in. But if have it set up for wired only, it will connect when you plug it in. Unless you switch it off in your phone settings first.

My suggestion would be to just get the TWraps wireless charging pad. Then you don’t have to worry about plugging in the phone. Or, if you want to just charge and not use CarPlay, plug into the ports that are made for the back passengers. You can run a wire up to the center console fairly easily. Those ports are charging only.

My suggestion would be to just get the TWraps wireless charging pad. Then you don’t have to worry about plugging in the phone. Or, if you want to just charge and not use CarPlay, plug into the ports that are made for the back passengers. You can run a wire up to the center console fairly easily. Those ports are charging only.
Seconded! The TWraps charging pad looks great and works much better than the built in one.

I use the twraps charger, but when I want to charge fast for some reason, I’ve had no issues with using CarPlay while plugged into either of the front two USB ports.

Back