Frankly, they should just automatically send them for free to anyone that only has one. I'm not one that normally thinks automakers should just be sending out free stuff because someone bought a car. But in this case the fob problems have been well-documented and after repeated attempts to fix them, the problems still persist for many people. A 2nd fob in this case would be more of a "fix" than a perk.The problem is the car only comes with one fob and they charge over $600 for a second. They should sell a second fob for much less while they still don’t have phone as a key.
Sell and move on?..As a Gravity owner, given how terrible the existing software is for everything, I have no confidence in anything this company pushes out. Everything has been half assed like their “hvac fix”.
This thread managed to be 90% anti-Lucid even without the help of financial incentives....Incidentally, it seems like there's a huge cottage industry in anti-Lucid YouTube videos -- if you watch anything about Lucid they immediately get promoted into your queue. I wonder who's paying for those?
Do you think these "anti-Lucid" videos are all "fake" or: "highly exaggerated"? If so, why do you think there is a such a "movement" afoot and who is funding/orchestrating these criticisms?I assume this couldn't be broadly tested until iOS 27 rolled out, and ... problems were found.
We don't have a problem with the keyfobs anymore, so not an important feature for us. I'd like to see Lucid keep squashing bugs first so there the return rate on new deliveries is low, and make sure that the Gravity launch problems don't affect the next vehicle. For software, though, I would like more DD2Pro and HUD functionality to show up.
Incidentally, it seems like there's a huge cottage industry in anti-Lucid YouTube videos -- if you watch anything about Lucid they immediately get promoted into your queue. I wonder who's paying for those?
I doubt there's a conspiracy theory powered by Big EV behind this... I think it's driven 50% by the reviewer's experience and 50% by their preconception that these cars always have issuesI assume this couldn't be broadly tested until iOS 27 rolled out, and ... problems were found.
We don't have a problem with the keyfobs anymore, so not an important feature for us. I'd like to see Lucid keep squashing bugs first so there the return rate on new deliveries is low, and make sure that the Gravity launch problems don't affect the next vehicle. For software, though, I would like more DD2Pro and HUD functionality to show up.
Incidentally, it seems like there's a huge cottage industry in anti-Lucid YouTube videos -- if you watch anything about Lucid they immediately get promoted into your queue. I wonder who's paying for those?
I'm with you. With working jobs, PAAK is an extremely low priority for me. I know some hate the idea of carrying a fob, but I expect to always do so.I assume this couldn't be broadly tested until iOS 27 rolled out, and ... problems were found.
We don't have a problem with the keyfobs anymore, so not an important feature for us. I'd like to see Lucid keep squashing bugs first so there the return rate on new deliveries is low, and make sure that the Gravity launch problems don't affect the next vehicle. For software, though, I would like more DD2Pro and HUD functionality to show up.
Incidentally, it seems like there's a huge cottage industry in anti-Lucid YouTube videos -- if you watch anything about Lucid they immediately get promoted into your queue. I wonder who's paying for those?
It’s YouTube bringing them up. If there are 1000 positive and 10 negative, YouTube will find the 10 negative and put them at the top to “drive engagement”. And it works because here we are talking about it. They do this on everything.Do you think these "anti-Lucid" videos are all "fake" or: "highly exaggerated"? If so, why do you think there is a such a "movement" afoot and who is funding/orchestrating these criticisms?
Preconception is apparent in many posts here. People hanging on to every disappointment and waiting (eagerly?) for the next. They've fully formed their opinion....I think it's driven 50% by the reviewer's experience and 50% by their preconception that these cars always have issues
I've noticed that in the recent OOS videos. Kyle went from being super excited about the Gravity a year plus ago to now be bothered by every single small detail he encounters.Preconception is apparent in many posts here. People hanging on to every disappointment and waiting (eagerly?) for the next. They've fully formed their opinion.
I think it's unlikely that Lucid can substantially reverse that impression for those afflicted.
Well, I can only speak for myself. But every "disappointment" adds on to the pile that reduces their credibility. I started as a total fan. Less than one year later after a terrible sales experience, terrible service issues, buggy software and promised features marketed for 2 years that aren't out yet when our lease clocks are ticking? Luckily, the design & engineering of the car are SO incredible, it mitigates SOME of the frustrations.Preconception is apparent in many posts here. People hanging on to every disappointment and waiting (eagerly?) for the next. They've fully formed their opinion.
I think it's unlikely that Lucid can substantially reverse that impression for those afflicted.
With respect to lock/unlock via phone, Lucid's implementation is distinctly more problematic. As I mentioned before, I have both my Lucid AGT and Rivian R1S in the same garage, same phone, same WiFi environment. The Rivian has worked (literally) 100% of the time. The Lucid is 50/50 at best. Point is that it is not rocket-science. Most manufacturers have figured out how to do this reliably. My Lucid is still a roll-of-the dice after 4 years!Maybe I just don't understand the tech, but 8 years ago I got my fob-less Tesla M3 and I used my phone every time and never had an issue. So what is taking so long that would be worth improving on this? I know they're doing it differently in the Wallet but like, it can't get better than working 100% of the time, so why wouldn't they just do it the same way Tesla did and be done with this madness?
Perhaps, most of the positive YouTube reviews focus on the luxury, comfort, pep, roomiest etc. aspects of the Lucid car/suv. Most of these reviews are based on driving the car for a few hours to a few days. I felt the same when I test-drove the AGT in 2022.It’s YouTube bringing them up. If there are 1000 positive and 10 negative, YouTube will find the 10 negative and put them at the top to “drive engagement”. And it works because here we are talking about it. They do this on everything.
It's just that the tolerance level (at least mine) is lower at this point...For well over a year I’ve watched everyone whine about Lucid not being transparent. Now they’re trying to be a bit more transparent (BTW - I think the prior deadlines were set by an entirely different mgmt team, but not sure), and everyone is still pissed. We aren’t all going to get our cookies and milk. Sorry.
Damned if you do, damned if you don’t.Feels like we’ve completely lost track of the OP post from Marqie. PaaK will be late and they acknowledge folks are waiting for it.
For well over a year I’ve watched everyone whine about Lucid not being transparent. Now they’re trying to be a bit more transparent (BTW - I think the prior deadlines were set by an entirely different mgmt team, but not sure), and everyone is still pissed. We aren’t all going to get our cookies and milk. Sorry.
This was a very specific thread about an update and transparency directly from Lucid and look at the reaction.
Come on. Yes, we all have a right to be disappointed about various things, Lucid is FAR from perfect, but if you’re that upset, go find a different car and move on. There are plenty of high-end EVs now. I know, folks have leases and are “locked in”, etc. Tough. Learn, live and move on. Life’s too short. YOLO
This is a Gravity thread, not an Air thread. Please do not try and confuse the two.With respect to lock/unlock via phone, Lucid's implementation is distinctly more problematic. As I mentioned before, I have both my Lucid AGT and Rivian R1S in the same garage, same phone, same WiFi environment. The Rivian has worked (literally) 100% of the time. The Lucid is 50/50 at best. Point is that it is not rocket-science. Most manufacturers have figured out how to do this reliably. My Lucid is still a roll-of-the dice after 4 years!