Update 2.8.9 is a step back for DDPro

iceRN09

Member

Joined
May 12, 2024
Messages
17
Reaction score
5
Cars
X5 M50i, M340i, GT4
Driving home today since the last update. Hands free drive assists is not working well. It slows down on straights when near highway exits saying it is slowing down for the curve. It drops down to 45 mph. I think they need to issue a rapid update. The feature I asked for but it is not working as intended. Slows down on the straights.
 
Driving home today since the last update. Hands free drive assists is not working well. It slows down on straights when near highway exits saying it is slowing down for the curve. It drops down to 45 mph. I think they need to issue a rapid update. The feature I asked for but it is not working as intended. Slows down on the straights.
The mighty "I". 😅😅🤣
 
Has anyone else seen this? Mine has continued working as normal.
 
Has anyone else seen this? Mine has continued working as normal.
I haven't tried resetting it. I will try tomorrow again. I thought it was one off but then it slowed down on every exit i passed on Rt 24 south.
 
Has anyone else seen this? Mine has continued working as normal.
I reset the system today. It went away. I am guessing the previous Update for "Robustness" has some files for DDP update that they have not activated yet.
 
Has anyone else seen this? Mine has continued working as normal.
Works the same here.

The thing with HA is that it's very dependent on where you are driving, the conditions, the sun, etc. Random "bad days" are bound to happen with any such system.

Having said that, if others start reporting similar issues, they might want to look into it. But my guess is it's going to turn out to be a one-off.
 
Works the same here.

The thing with HA is that it's very dependent on where you are driving, the conditions, the sun, etc. Random "bad days" are bound to happen with any such system.

Having said that, if others start reporting similar issues, they might want to look into it. But my guess is it's going to turn out to be a one-off.
Lucid and Tesla must share some service regarding where they get their data. For example, both Lucid and Tesla are wrong about speed limits near me, in the exact same way. They both list a 35mph road as a 60mph road, and an onramp as a 25mpg street. So they are both getting the same bad data.
 
Lucid and Tesla must share some service regarding where they get their data. For example, both Lucid and Tesla are wrong about speed limits near me, in the exact same way. They both list a 35mph road as a 60mph road, and an onramp as a 25mpg street. So they are both getting the same bad data.
I have no idea how they are getting speed data. Some combination of maps and using the cameras to read signs? The data must be available somewhere, because Android Auto and CarPlay have it. And those won't always match what the car thinks, either.

It's a bit of a mess. But still remarkable that any of it works. As is true of the entire ADAS space.
 
I've been told it's unnecessary but I always do a Air logo reset after each update before driving. It seems to reduce those weird one off issues that cause unnecessary worry and angst until the reset solves them 😅
 
Has anyone else seen this? Mine has continued working as normal.
I drove the car from the NYC area to Burlington, VT this weekend with 2.8.9. I can confirm that it does indeed slow down on straights when near highway exits saying it is slowing down for the curve. It doesn't do it every time but it seems to struggle with low light, rain and/or faded lane lines on the pavement. It also went for a number of stretches with DD pro only working in the left lanes and not the right lanes. It was raining or damp for the drive so maybe it was sensors (although I wasn't getting any sensor notifications). It also used 300 miles of stated range for a 209 mile trip in mid-40 degree weather at ~70 mph.

It also doesn't like traffic ahead of it in a different lane drifting toward the Lucid's lane. Rather than drift a bit itself, it slows down a lot which comes as a surprise to the driver of the Lucid and other human drivers nearby (and probably FSD Teslas).

I'm being patient with Lucid on the FSD software. I want them to get Gravity and the mid-sized launched successfully and achieve economic viability as their first goal. Then they can run hard at refining the software. They have the best cars - EV or otherwise. They succeeded in that far beyond anyone else. The software will follow. And FWIW, I don't think anyone will catch up to Tesla or GM FSD systems for a quite a while. They will eventually as ICE cars will be collecting all the driving data too (if they aren't already). Lucid may have to partner with someone if they want to make a big leap in FSD.
 
I drove the car from the NYC area to Burlington, VT this weekend with 2.8.9. I can confirm that it does indeed slow down on straights when near highway exits saying it is slowing down for the curve. It doesn't do it every time but it seems to struggle with low light, rain and/or faded lane lines on the pavement. It also went for a number of stretches with DD pro only working in the left lanes and not the right lanes. It was raining or damp for the drive so maybe it was sensors (although I wasn't getting any sensor notifications). It also used 300 miles of stated range for a 209 mile trip in mid-40 degree weather at ~70 mph.

It also doesn't like traffic ahead of it in a different lane drifting toward the Lucid's lane. Rather than drift a bit itself, it slows down a lot which comes as a surprise to the driver of the Lucid and other human drivers nearby (and probably FSD Teslas).

I'm being patient with Lucid on the FSD software. I want them to get Gravity and the mid-sized launched successfully and achieve economic viability as their first goal. Then they can run hard at refining the software. They have the best cars - EV or otherwise. They succeeded in that far beyond anyone else. The software will follow. And FWIW, I don't think anyone will catch up to Tesla or GM FSD systems for a quite a while. They will eventually as ICE cars will be collecting all the driving data too (if they aren't already). Lucid may have to partner with someone if they want to make a big leap in FSD.

Lucid is partnered with commercial Nuro for Level 4 robotaxi for San Francisco in late 2026.

Lucid announced two NVIDIA DRIVE AGX THOR "eyes-off, hands-off, and mind-off" autonomy for the upcoming mid-sized vehicles.

Tesla is no where near Waymo capability.

Its Robotaxi still requires human monitor. Its riders are not just any general public: They are selected by Tesla.
 
Back
Top