Unlock on Park

skomarla

Would love it if I can set the car to unlock when I Park. Often, i'm out to get my kids from school / activities and they complain that i keep forgetting to unlock the door. would be a neat option to add to passive lock / unlock.

anyone know if this has been requested by chance?

Would love it if I can set the car to unlock when I Park. Often, i'm out to get my kids from school / activities and they complain that i keep forgetting to unlock the door. would be a neat option to add to passive lock / unlock.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. It should unlock automatically when you put it in park. There's an option in the Settings menu to turn passive lock on or off, and passive unlock on or off.

If you turn off passive lock, it will require an explicit lock from you, which should accomplish what you want.

Thank you @Amster and @borski for those suggestions. I'm probably not describing the scenario properly, as turning off passive lock didn't help.

What i mean is, I would like the doors to auto unlock, so that someone on the outside of the vehicle can get in without me tapping on the unlock on the pilot panel. With passive lock off, I still have to tap unlock on the pilot panel.

probably an enhancement?

Thank you @Amster and @borski for those suggestions. I'm probably not describing the scenario properly, as turning off passive lock didn't help.

What i mean is, I would like the doors to auto unlock, so that someone on the outside of the vehicle can get in without me tapping on the unlock on the pilot panel. With passive lock off, I still have to tap unlock on the pilot panel.

probably an enhancement?
I don't know if what you are asking for is possible right now. However, it might be easier to tap the unlock button on the left side of the cockpit display instead of the pilot panel. Just a thought

probably an enhancement?
I like how it stays locked so I can't get easily carjacked 😁

its all a matter of choice. having the choice would be excellent.
I 100% agree. I hate to say it, but Tesla excels in this regard. My wife was shocked that there is no option to unlock the driver door only when approaching the car. She works in law enforcement and sees it as a safety issue.

My own experience and every review I've seen of the Air says the exact same thing: amazing drivetrain, amazing handling, amazing luxury and comfort, amazing efficiency. But the software…. not amazing.

Screenshot 2024-04-14 at 11.49.35 AM.png

I 100% agree. I hate to say it, but Tesla excels in this regard. My wife was shocked that there is no option to unlock the driver door only when approaching the car. She works in law enforcement and sees it as a safety issue.

My own experience and every review I've seen of the Air says the exact same thing: amazing drivetrain, amazing handling, amazing luxury and comfort, amazing efficiency. But the software…. not amazing.

View attachment 19949
Definitely a much more robust set of options for door locking and unlocking

View attachment 19949
It’s okay for Tesla to be good at a thing or even a few lol

(But yes, I agree that more options in general are a good idea; I will say that it isn’t just Lucid. My wife’s Ioniq 5 *still* won’t let her make i-Pedal the default lol - but I agree I want more options in general, without the wall of text and radio buttons Tesla has)

View attachment 19949
Ha! Had no idea Tesla had it. I love the name of the setting! 😀

Back