Unlock From Android Watch or Apple Watch

Lightmatrix

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid, Porsche, Infiniti
Referral Code
1W3Y6UEL
Anyone know if this is or will be an option? It would be fantastic to use the BT on my Pixel watch to unlock the car.

On that note, I find it annoying that every time I go into my garage with my phone in my pocket my car unlocks and the side mirrors fold out, etc. it would be nice if you could geofence or something someone smarter than I could come up with.

I do wonder if there is anything that could be done with Tasker in Android?

You can turn off the passive unlock so that car doesn’t wake repeatedly when you are in garage. However, this means you need push in the door handle to wake the car every time.

I just wrote in another thread about switching off passive lock. I tried this over the weekend, but it appears that even with this off the door handles retracted after a period of time (although the mirrors stayed extended). Are you saying that even though the handles have retracted, the car is still unlocked and can be opened by pressing them. I thought I tried that and nothing happened.

If the cars gets locked, the mirrors should fold as well. If the key is in car, the mirrors doesn’t close, the door handle is retracted then you would have to press for 1-2 sec and the handles should pop up. This usually happens to me if I leave my phone in car for prolong period.

Weird, my car was in the garage, no key was left in the vehicle, with passive lock OFF. When I returned to the garage later, the door handles had retracted.

I have passive lock off. After a period of time the door handles retract but mirrors stay out. I have not tried approaching the car without the fob and pressing the door handle.

I would like to use this feature when parked outside in snow and freezing rain. If the handles would remain out I'd be happier since they would not have to fight ice and frozen precipitation to extend.

Weird, my car was in the garage, no key was left in the vehicle, with passive lock OFF. When I returned to the garage later, the door handles had retracted.
This is expected behavior. If you had pressed the door handles in it should have opened. This is just done after 10 min to conserve battery and not advertise that it is unlocked.

The car sleeps after 10min but does not lock.

If you’d like for it not to sleep, turn on keep mode.

This is expected behavior. If you had pressed the door handles in it should have opened. This is just done after 10 min to conserve battery and not advertise that it is unlocked.

The car sleeps after 10min but does not lock.

If you’d like for it not to sleep, turn on keep mode.
Thank you, yeah I did press in the handle, but quickly and it just bounced back flush and didn't open. But I'm wondering whether I needed to push the handle down longer. I think you're right and will try again tonight.

Thank you, yeah I did press in the handle, but quickly and it just bounced back flush and didn't open. But I'm wondering whether I needed to push the handle down longer. I think you're right and will try again tonight.
Let us know if that’s not the case, since it would be useful to know if we’re wrong! Totally possible, of course. It’s a relatively new feature.

Let us know if that’s not the case, since it would be useful to know if we’re wrong! Totally possible, of course. It’s a relatively new feature.

Well you were correct, the door handles retract, but pressing them makes the car wake and the door handles raise. So the vehicle is still unlocked. However I was disappointed to find that I wasn't able to remove the charger while the handles were retracted. I had to wake the vehicle before it would let me remove the charger.

Unrelated question; Why is it that, with the charger attached but not charging (fully charged), that waking the vehicle will make it start to momentarily charge. Is it "topping up" its charge? Its annoying because it delays me removing the charger as I wait for it to finish for those few seconds.

Well you were correct, the door handles retract, but pressing them makes the car wake and the door handles raise. So the vehicle is still unlocked. However I was disappointed to find that I wasn't able to remove the charger while the handles were retracted. I had to wake the vehicle before it would let me remove the charger.

Unrelated question; Why is it that, with the charger attached but not charging (fully charged), that waking the vehicle will make it start to momentarily charge. Is it "topping up" its charge? Its annoying because it delays me removing the charger as I wait for it to finish for those few seconds.
You can remove it without topping up. Just push the button on the charger and it should stop it then unplug.

You can remove it without topping up. Just push the button on the charger and it should stop it then unplug.
But you do have to unlock the car. That’s done so nobody steals your charger at a public place.

Back