Unexpected Frunk Opening

Yeah, this makes no sense to me, and does not line up at all with most other reports we've gotten here as far as warranty coverage is concerned. Something is very odd here. I assume you have escalated this all the way up to Zak?
My recent communication (after bouncing around with various people at Lucid) has been with the Service Center Manager. He claims he has escalated internally

My recent communication (after bouncing around with various people at Lucid) has been with the Service Center Manager. He claims he has escalated internally
I'd try emailing Zak Edison directly. I believe Lucid emails are [email protected].

I would further escalate in Lucid. Out of curiosity, what service center are you at?

I would also push back on that.

With regards to my Frunk having issues and not latching properly, my detailer found some problems.
Light imperfections in the paint hood
Mms_2022-11-30_11_02_50.jpg

Then the hood opening is grinding and misaligned causing it to hit on opening and closing
Mms_2022-11-30_11_02_57.jpg
Mms_2022-11-30_11_02_46.jpg
Mms_2022-11-30_11_02_43.jpg

I've contacted service about this and we'll see what they say

I would further escalate in Lucid. Out of curiosity, what service center are you at?
Will do.. This is Northeast (northern VA) and the service manager seems to be based out of King of Prussia, PA

It's a safety hazard for a vehicle to be moving in gear with the frunk open. Does Lucid not agree with this statement?

If Lucid doesn't agree with this position, I think a NHTSA vehicle safety report is in order.

It's a safety hazard for a vehicle to be moving in gear with the frunk open. Does Lucid not agree with this statement?

If Lucid doesn't agree with this position, I think a NHTSA vehicle safety report is in order.
I was told that Lucid has addressed this already already in an update, spoke to one of the SA's in person while I was in Colorado

Yeah I accidentally opened my frunk with drive engaged at a stop light while wiping my screen clean (in brake hold mode, not park). This is should be an easy software fix but could turn into a big problem if it’s not fixed. I think @mcr16 and @Firstto520 and @Bad driver 20202 should all see if they can replicate this problem.

Yeah I accidentally opened my frunk with drive engaged at a stop light while wiping my screen clean (in brake hold mode, not park). This is should be an easy software fix but could turn into a big problem if it’s not fixed. I think @mcr16 and @Firstto520 and @Bad driver 20202 should all see if they can replicate this problem.
I'm too scared to try it right now, and plus my Lucid is at the shop getting PPF, but I think this is already fixed.

Anyone want to test?

I'm too scared to try it right now, and plus my Lucid is at the shop getting PPF, but I think this is already fixed.

Anyone want to test?
I just tried this in Drive in my driveway. The drink opened, but the car switched immediately to park.

This behavior is designed, I guess. But I am not sure I agree with this behavior. I would prefer the frunk be disabled in a gear other than Park.

I did find another bug. With the front camera displayed, I tried to switch to . 5 zoom magnification. The camera blinked quickly, but then went pack to a 1 level magnification. I could not get . 5 to work.

I just tried this in Drive in my driveway. The drink opened, but the car switched immediately to park
Ah, it detected you opening your drink and switched to Park? Clever! ;)

This in the next OTA. The camera detects the drinking and the in-dash breathalyzer forces the car into park. 🤣

I just tried this in Drive in my driveway. The drink opened, but the car switched immediately to park.

This behavior is designed, I guess. But I am not sure I agree with this behavior. I would prefer the frunk be disabled in a gear other than Park.

I did find another bug. With the front camera displayed, I tried to switch to . 5 zoom magnification. The camera blinked quickly, but then went pack to a 1 level magnification. I could not get . 5 to work.
I noticed this too since the update, it's bugged

I can't tell from the pics where this damage occurred.. It almost looks like the frunk/front window, but the hood is upside down for that.

I can't tell from the pics where this damage occurred.. It almost looks like the frunk/front window, but the hood is upside down for that.
It's on the passenger side door, on the contrails. Right where the frunk lining meets the door

FOB was in my pocket. In any case the frunk is not supposed to open while in any drive mode.
The fruck opened for us when we stopped at a stop light and my wife cleaned the screen. We were alarmed but l later I noticed that the soft button is active at zero speed and inactive when moving. IMO it should be inactive unless in park.

Back