Unable to engage drive or reverse

Oat

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
In 4 separate occasions in the last 25 days, I would go in my car, press the break paddle and could not go into drive or reverse. I had to get out of the car, lock the car then go back in again, or I had to switch profile in order to be able to engage drive or reverse. Anyone else having the same issue?
I have the latest version 2.0.48

I've had this happen when the car didn't "see" my mobile key. Asked me to enter a passcode even though I had my phone on me. This has only happened since .48.
Might want to unpair and then repair your mobile key

When this happens is the Hold light still on? I had issues around for a while. Will foot on brake and selection of direction indicated, it take a good hit to the accelerator to disengage hold and institute the selected gear.

In 4 separate occasions in the last 25 days, I would go in my car, press the break paddle and could not go into drive or reverse. I had to get out of the car, lock the car then go back in again, or I had to switch profile in order to be able to engage drive or reverse. Anyone else having the same issue?
I had this happen for the first time yesterday afternoon. The turn signal reset fixed it. I did email the incident with a time stamp to customer care for tracking.

Last edited:
Yeah, this is something I’ve reported to customer service a few times. I have a strong hunch there are bugs not triggering the PIN prompt correctly.

I've had this happen when the car didn't "see" my mobile key. Asked me to enter a passcode even though I had my phone on me. This has only happened since .48.
this has happened to me twice with the key in my pocket and my phone in the car. Each time it was after I let someone out of the car and tried to then drive away.

Doesnt happen if you use the fob!

Happening to me now once a week since 2.047 and I only use fob. Replaced battery in fob but still happens
Doh, that sucks. Not sure why it's doing that then. Please report it to CS!

This happens to be all the time but more so with this last update

Hi, @Oat.

Thank you for sharing. I just sent you a DM.

Marqie

That message comes and goes for me too on .48.

Same with me.. If that happens I open the app and it will quickly realize the key is back in the car. I also enabled a pin so if the phone is not reading you can also enter the pin to enable driving.

I carry my key when it of car in a faraday bag and keep a spare battery taped to the back of the key fob. The battery drains quickly and then your stranded. Sometimes my phone is not with me or locked on the car Happened to me the second day I owned the car. Lucid needs a new key fob supplier... It is not getting any better almost a year later

I carry my key when it of car in a faraday bag and keep a spare battery taped to the back of the key fob. The battery drains quickly and then your stranded. Sometimes my phone is not with me or locked on the car Happened to me the second day I owned the car. Lucid needs a new key fob supplier... It is not getting any better almost a year later
Have you thought of just using the mobile key instead?

Have you thought of just using the mobile key instead?
I use that for for back up leaving my phone in car without thinking is easier than accidentally leaving fob clipped to my belt loop. Now if my Samsung g3 watch would open the door that might be a great solution . Thanks for the suggestion but fob batteries should last longer than a month. And lithium cells they go dead instantly... Very little drain down time hence little warning. A tech guy told me you can open car with dead key by placing it under the pillar camera and then pressing the rear door handle several times. Keep a spare battery in cari guess. Haven't tested that yet but for s150k car this is not classy

Back