Turtle of Doom!

@zkhan2 sorry to hear your car is out of commission. I haven't charged to 100% yet and reading your story makes me want to test it before a time I'm counting on it.

I charged to 100% for the first time Thursday night before a holiday weekend trip. No problems.

I charged to 100% for the first time Thursday night before a holiday weekend trip. No problems.
Yes, I have no idea if that had anything to do with it. It the only thing I did differently prior to the car going into turtle mode. Lucid engineers are still analyzing the data. I will provide an update once I get additional feedback from the service tech.

It has been a week since the car was towed off to Richmond, VA (Approximately 75 miles). The service tech has provided me with daily contact, even if there were no major updates. Here is what I know so far:

The error disappeared once the car was unloaded in Richmond. The service tech uploaded the data log to the Lucid engineers and drove it around the parking lot briefly without any issues. next day he then drove it on the road and highway, again without any issues. Finally, he charged it to 100% without issues (this is the only thing I did differently that night when this happened).

The engineers at Lucid have yet to communicate with the service tech on an update. I don't even know if they are working their analysis. Kudos to the tech for not wanting to release the car back to me until at least we know what the root cause b/c just like a few others that have documented this type of issue, I do not want to drive on the highway or busy roads and have the car die on me. This has happened twice with my Model X and it creates a super scary and dangerous situation.

Kudos to the tech for not wanting to release the car back to me until at least we know what the root cause
They're not allowed to. Cars that end up with the Engineering team can't be given back until the Engineering team authorizes its release. Seems engineering is probably getting a little backed up at the moment with dead vehicles popping up and having to review all the logs on each vehicle trying to identify the root cause. !2v issues, cars just dying on the road, I wouldn't want to be working in the engineering department at the moment. I have a bad feeling a recall is imminent which is the last thing Lucid needs right now. I do hope i'm wrong but we're seeing more posts show up with cars just becoming unresponsive.

"I wouldn't want to be working in the engineering department at the moment"
I'm not sure If there's any dept I would want to be working in at the moment. Marketing possibly. All seem to be facing significant issues.

I'm not sure If there's any dept I would want to be working in at the moment. Marketing possibly. All seem to be facing significant issues.
Well they also brought in someone from Apple to head up the software team also I believe. Seems alot of poor decisions were made on the initial hiring spree. Marketing would be the best department to be in as they have nothing to do at the moment. Look at the twitter feed, they just keep rehashing old videos with different statements. How many times do we need to see the Motortrend car of the year announcement!!!

It has been a week since the car was towed off to Richmond, VA (Approximately 75 miles). The service tech has provided me with daily contact, even if there were no major updates. Here is what I know so far:

The error disappeared once the car was unloaded in Richmond. The service tech uploaded the data log to the Lucid engineers and drove it around the parking lot briefly without any issues. next day he then drove it on the road and highway, again without any issues. Finally, he charged it to 100% without issues (this is the only thing I did differently that night when this happened).

The engineers at Lucid have yet to communicate with the service tech on an update. I don't even know if they are working their analysis. Kudos to the tech for not wanting to release the car back to me until at least we know what the root cause b/c just like a few others that have documented this type of issue, I do not want to drive on the highway or busy roads and have the car die on me. This has happened twice with my Model X and it creates a super scary and dangerous situation.
That’s not a good feeling to have. 🥶 I have not been stranded in the boonies in decades and hence not a thought I want to entertain in my old age.

Still no word from Lucid and it's been nearly two weeks. So, as I have stated earlier, the service tech in Richmond, VA told that he is waiting on the Lucid engineers to identify what is causing the issue. That was last Friday. I decided to call Lucid Customer Care yesterday and see if they could get in touch with the engineering team to provide me some update - and I specifically told the Lucid Customer Care that the tech is updating me with what he knows, which is not much, and I am calling so they can contact Lucid engineers. All they did was contact the tech. Here is what he has told me:

Yes I just saw where they tagged us on it. The most recent update from engineering was that there have been several engineers involved on this and they were waiting for one more engineer to take a look today. He said he hoped to have an answer to us by the end of the day. Again I am so sorry it has taken this long.

Of course the end of the day, hell the entire day came and went without an update and today I still have no update.

I'm sure there is a joke out there about, "How many Lucid engineers does it take to diagnose a problem?"

I stole and modified this one from Reddit (have at it):

The mechanical engineer says: “It’s a broken latch”
The electrical engineer says: “Must be a dead battery”
The safety engineer says: “One of the sensor has issues”
The software engineer says: “Hey guys, I have an idea, how about we all get out of the car and get back in”

It is starting to get frustrating.

Still no word from Lucid and it's been nearly two weeks. So, as I have stated earlier, the service tech in Richmond, VA told that he is waiting on the Lucid engineers to identify what is causing the issue. That was last Friday. I decided to call Lucid Customer Care yesterday and see if they could get in touch with the engineering team to provide me some update - and I specifically told the Lucid Customer Care that the tech is updating me with what he knows, which is not much, and I am calling so they can contact Lucid engineers. All they did was contact the tech. Here is what he has told me:

Of course the end of the day, hell the entire day came and went without an update and today I still have no update.

I'm sure there is a joke out there about, "How many Lucid engineers does it take to diagnose a problem?"

I stole and modified this one from Reddit (have at it):

It is starting to get frustrating.
Demand a call with Sr Management.

Demand a call with Sr Management.
I will wait until Friday, when it will be two weeks and then start to reach out to management on this.

I will wait until Friday, when it will be two weeks and then start to reach out to management on this.
Seems engineering are the bottleneck at the moment. Issue 1 and issue 2 on my car got stuck with engineering for 3 to 4 days each

Halfway there to lemon law……

Seems engineering are the bottleneck at the moment. Issue 1 and issue 2 on my car got stuck with engineering for 3 to 4 days each

Halfway there to lemon law……
I believe someone else on another thread had made a good point about the lemon law, which is that for those that have spent around $10K for the full PPF treatment will not recover that from a successful lemon law outcome.

I believe someone else on another thread had made a good point about the lemon law, which is that for those that have spent around $10K for the full PPF treatment will not recover that from a successful lemon law outcome.
If it gets to that point (hopefully not) no harm is asking them to cover the additional costs. ;)

Yeah, see my posts today in the car died section....

Here is my latest exchange with my service tech:

IMG_E50DB7B34186-1.jpg

I did get an update today. My tech said the engineers were able to pinpoint the issue to front drive unit and the engineers want the tech to perform some voltage checks on it. Once he completes that he will send the data off to the engineers and they will tell him what the next steps should be.

I did get an update today. My tech said the engineers were able to pinpoint the issue to front drive unit and the engineers want the tech to perform some voltage checks on it. Once he completes that he will send the data off to the engineers and they will tell him what the next steps should be.
Wow, over two weeks to diagnose a problem. I am not an IT person but would have thought that Lucid would have been able to identify system problems rapidly. It would be rather disconcerting to learn that they take a trial and error approach to diagnose drive unit problems. Perhaps the over-promising of a response is a function of too few engineers available, rather than faulty diagnostic systems. Either way, not confidence-inspiring.

I’ve only recently started reading about this issue since receiving my Air GT about 4 weeks ago. I was contemplating driving this up to norcal to visit friends, but now I’m having second thoughts. Is there a pattern yet to these issues aside from rear or front motor failures? And are these just manufacturer defects or something else?

Back