Tesla2Lucid

Verified Owner
Cars
DE-P (1st dzn: 10/30/21)
DE Number
Referral Code
TBW1L5UN
tinyurl.com/TuroLucid
Kicking the tires on this Turo listing my Lucid Air ... thoughts?

Damn! 750/day. I don’t know what is market rate for exotic cars. I’ve paid 250/day for ModelX. Of course, DE is limited supply. If it is 500, I may consider on my future biz trip to LA. 😂

tinyurl.com/TuroLucid
Last time I tried that wouldn't let me list the DE...

tinyurl.com/TuroLucid
Well, as much as I enjoyed meeting @blueice89, you'll have to be pretty diligent in understanding the what your renters are hoping to do with the car :D!

Damn! 750/day. I don’t know what is market rate for exotic cars. I’ve paid 250/day for ModelX. Of course, DE is limited supply. If it is 500, I may consider on my future biz trip to LA. 😂
Might have to raise it even more ;)

Last time I tried that wouldn't let me list the DE...
Me too so I contacted the CEO of Turo who has his own DEP listed and asked, besides the obvious that he's the CEO, how he was able to list his car since when I went to list it in February they would not allow cars over $150K. After he listed his (or just before) they changed it to $200K. So you should be good to go now

Well, as much as I enjoyed meeting @blueice89, you'll have to be pretty diligent in understanding the what your renters are hoping to do with the car :D!
Uh, oh. I just heard about a Turo gone wrong in AZ about June and now I see that you're in AZ. Did you post about it (don't want to rehash bad memories for you) somewhere?

edit: Just saw this -

Also, @Maverick did you rent it out via Turo or another site? Maybe @hydbob you have insight?
To be clear, I don't rent mine. Someone else rents one on Turo. We just got to hear all the gory details at our meetup which blueice attended.

To be clear, I don't rent mine. Someone else rents one on Turo. We just got to hear all the gory details at our meetup which blueice attended.
Thanks for the clarification. I guess whoever in Arizona used to rent it out on Turo no longer does. Alternatively, whoever rented out their Lucid was doing so on a different platform than Turo.

Went back and looked and it was rented off of Turo, but since I think there was damage, either it's not fixed yet, or he just decided that it wasn't worth the risk anymore. But with the $$$ you can make, it certainly would be tempting.

I'd do it if I had a GT but not a DE

After watching this notorious hit and run on Turo rental, I wouldn’t want to Turo my car out.

LOL… I once got in a car accident and won’t get in a car ever again 😉

Went back and looked and it was rented off of Turo, but since I think there was damage, either it's not fixed yet, or he just decided that it wasn't worth the risk anymore. But with the $$$ you can make, it certainly would be tempting.
Thanx for looking that up 👊

So I found the AZ Turo Lucid GT: Cody (not sure if he's on the this forum). The listing is still up but its not available tho there have been reviews on it in July. Matte black looks sweet! He has it listed for $150/day which is part of the problem (IMHO) of looking for the right demographic to rent this to.

BTW, my $750/day just got its first bite with a rental this Sunday! I'll no longer be virgin after that and hope that I make it out unscathed!

I did rent Cody’s Turo Lucid but he is just a host not the actual owner of the car. He works many different cars and so he has a glorified business and probably can take a hit.

I researched Turo part couple months to learn more about them. A lot of horrible things happen to a Turo rental so it def should not be a car you are attached too. We are headed towards some type of economic downtown and if you see Cody Lucid it has taken a downfall in rentals since July. At least in AZ there isn’t a large body of people that drop 150-200$ a day in a car. But let’s say they do maybe they are making let’s say you got on avg 10 booked days a month. 2000$ a month. Thst won’t pay for your car or your insurance. These people have to be getting taken to the cleaners. You do get potentially get tax write offs.

Personally I think better play is to purchase cheaper 20-30k premium cars you could start a small fleet of 5 and charge like 50-100$ a day per car. That’s going to scale vs 1 crazy person that steal or wrecks your car.

To be clear that Lucid car was never taken off Turo and it’s still not clear damage was found on the car as when it was checked into Turo a host is to report all damage and that car you can ask the host had 0 damage reported. I like the Turo Facebook groups there you can see all types of horror stories. Especially if you rent your car to a person and it’s involved into fatal accident prepared for a large lawsuit for personal injury. Personally this isn’t worth the trouble I make much more on real estate and stocks and these businesses actually scale with a lot less headache and liability.

Air bnb kills Turo.

So I found the AZ Turo Lucid GT: Cody (not sure if he's on the this forum). The listing is still up but its not available tho there have been reviews on it in July. Matte black looks sweet! He has it listed for $150/day which is part of the problem (IMHO) of looking for the right demographic to rent this to.

BTW, my $750/day just got its first bite with a rental this Sunday! I'll no longer be virgin after that and hope that I make it out unscathed!
People must have cash there lol unlike AZ

Back