Turn Regen Braking Off?

BradSholl

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, R1S, M3
With winter approaching, I’m wondering if it’s possible to turn regen braking completely off. When it’s really slippery, even standard regen brake pressure might cause the vehicle to slide. There’ve been times I’ve had to use the gentlest of brake input to keep the car tracking straight.

No way to turn it off. However, if you put the car into Swift setting the regenerative braking is much less intrusive.

With winter approaching, I’m wondering if it’s possible to turn regen braking completely off. When it’s really slippery, even standard regen brake pressure might cause the vehicle to slide. There’ve been times I’ve had to use the gentlest of brake input to keep the car tracking straight.

Can’t turn it off. I will switch my setting from high to standard , when it’s snowy or icy.

No way to turn it off. However, if you put the car into Swift setting the regenerative braking is much less intrusive.
True, but I'm not sure adding 200+hp to the mix will improve my situation... 😂

Scratch that last statement...I read swift, but thought sprint...ooops.

You would think the ABS sensors would kick in and disable regen if the wheels started locking up. I guess I can test this when we get real snow in my area.

You would think the ABS sensors would kick in and disable regen if the wheels started locking up. I guess I can test this when we get real snow in my area.

I think so, too. The Air was extensively tested in winter conditions. I cannot imagine that a braking system engineered to keep the wheels from locking when traction is lost would not be programmed to include regenerative braking control in that protection envelope.

I think so, too. The Air was extensively tested in winter conditions. I cannot imagine that a braking system engineered to keep the wheels from locking when traction is lost would not be programmed to include regenerative braking control in that protection envelope.
The manual suggests changing to standard regen in icy conditions. That suggests to me that they did in fact to extensive testing and found it better to use lighter regen, but that it wasn’t necessary to turn it off completely.

“WARNING: If driving the vehicle in reduced traction conditions (that is, icy or snowy conditions), the use
of High regenerative braking level may cause traction control to operate more frequently. Lucid recommends switching to Standard level when driving in such conditions.”

The manual suggests changing to standard regen in icy conditions. That suggests to me that they did in fact to extensive testing and found it better to use lighter regen, but that it wasn’t necessary to turn it off completely.

“WARNING: If driving the vehicle in reduced traction conditions (that is, icy or snowy conditions), the use
of High regenerative braking level may cause traction control to operate more frequently. Lucid recommends switching to Standard level when driving in such conditions.”

That does suggest that regenerative braking is under the control of the ABS system.

I was initially concerned with regen on ice, but quickly learned an essentially non-issue. My experience is regen immediately drops off when abs detects ice. I then do a reset. Not sure if reset necessary but my action on the couple of times this has occurred. Probably the only time I’ve resorted to actually using the brakes. (Very very gentility)

Back