Trucker Upset at Lucid Tempe Location?

What facility do they have in Tempe?

If I was a trucker I would be upset also. Many are going broke at the present time and they have families to feed…..

Truckers have miserable jobs and have many reasons to complain, but Lucid is no different than any other company. Where I worked we loaded and unloaded 300 trucks a day. I can pretty much guarantee you that they were always complaining about something.

Seems like a backlog of truckers? Hard to go by one tweet but man...

I don't doubt there are problems like this and more. Ramping up production from hand building a few cars to full production is a real challenge with all sorts or problematic outcomes. Here is where the company will make or break itself. Slow delivery and serious build quality problems will have long term effects on the viability of the company. This poor trucker is collateral damage.

They don’t have enough warehouse room to unload and pissed off truckers waiting.

5882FA85-ADBB-4CC0-97B5-1956A7CA006F.jpeg

Lucid at Tempe, Arizona

1.6/5 stars, over a hundred reviews, seems legit. Many complaints and bad reviews by truckers who had to load/unload at this location. Complaints of disrespect to truck drivers, disorganization, and lack of communication dating back as far as 9 months ago. The management and logistics team at this Lucid location needs do better because it seems to be quite consistent.

It's unfortunately reasonable to expect incoming materials to pile up when production is temporarily stopped. I'd be much more interested in reviews within the last couple weeks - or a month or two from now, with the changes in logistics management.

It's unfortunately reasonable to expect incoming materials to pile up when production is temporarily stopped. I'd be much more interested in reviews within the last couple weeks - or a month or two from now, with the changes in logistics management.
bad reviews from truckers have been posting since 9 months ago since the beginning of production ramp up

Well considering i'm still waiting on an update on where the missing parts are for my car in the Service Center it seems that once again, Lucid has yet another department that can't manage anything properly.

Lucid at Tempe, Arizona

1.6/5 stars, over a hundred reviews, seems legit. Many complaints and bad reviews by truckers who had to load/unload at this location. Complaints of disrespect to truck drivers, disorganization, and lack of communication dating back as far as 9 months ago. The management and logistics team at this Lucid location needs do better because it seems to be quite consistent.
I’m sure this isn’t the only place it happens. However it is really unfair on the drivers as my understanding is they are typically paid by the mile and it’s already very difficult to make a decent living… so having to wait 24 hours to unload really hurts.

I would be worried about freight companies eventually blacklisting Lucid (or at least drivers choosing other loads to avoid going there), neither of which would be helpful for Lucid’s operations.

I’m sure this isn’t the only place it happens. However it is really unfair on the drivers as my understanding is they are typically paid by the mile and it’s already very difficult to make a decent living… so having to wait 24 hours to unload really hurts.

I would be worried about freight companies eventually blacklisting Lucid (or at least drivers choosing other loads to avoid going there), neither of which would be helpful for Lucid’s operations.
Truckers are never happy. As you point out, time is money so the longer they sit at a location the more pissed they get. This isn't uncommon for a trucker to be waiting though, i've had them sit at convention centers for load in for hours due to the logistics of everyone trying to get equipment in at once. No matter what time the convention center tells them to arrive they're always running behind and the truck drivers just have to wait. Unfortunately, it's just part of the job for them. Also means they have plenty of time to write nasty reviews 🤭

Back