Tri-Motor Air?

@WillChen posted this in a different thread:

Last edited:
Here is the Jalopnik article - "Rawlinson let slip" ( ;) ) that he personally ran a 9.3 sec 1/4 mile:

This article seems to be the most accurate I've seen to date. It discusses the removal of four battery modules for the higher-range and -performance versions. It suggests that back seat passengers (over 6'3") might run out of headroom before they run out of legroom, but they don't specify with which battery pack. It also says the tri-motor car will come out in late fall/early winter of 2021.

This article seems to be the most accurate I've seen to date. It discusses the removal of four battery modules for the higher-range and -performance versions. It suggests that back seat passengers (over 6'3") might run out of headroom before they run out of legroom, but they don't specify with which battery pack. It also says the tri-motor car will come out in late fall/early winter of 2021.

Am I guilty of the Osborne effect in thinking I should wait?

Given I can’t drive/get a Dream until Q2, in colors I don’t like, I don’t think waiting another couple quarters is too irrational.

But then there’s the Roadster and possible Porsche releases soon after. For perhaps less. I love the thought of a luxury sedan that can inconspicuously do 9.3, while on my way with 3 guests to dinner (my passengers may disagree about the subtlety of that), but the Roadster is leaving the domain of traction based cars.

If I wait long enough maybe I’ll get my teleportation device.

Last edited:
Given I can’t drive/get a Dream until Q2, in colors I don’t like, I don’t think waiting another couple quarters is too irrational.

Based on no information whatsoever, I will hazard a guess that the tri-motor performance car will have very limited color choices, too, also perhaps including a "unique" color . . . but, one hopes, not Eureka Gold.

Well, car wrap film has tamed more than one car.

Of course, I'm a big fan of the two-tone paint jobs of the 1950's. I kind of like some of Lucid's touches that harken back to that era. The "Air" logo would look at home on a '57 Chevy, and the satin roof rails make me think of a '58 Ford Fairlane. Yowza!

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 9.00.57 PM.png

Back