Traded in my R1T for Air GT

The Lucid Gravity looks really large; too large for my personal taste. I hope people love it; just not my style. I have read the appearance of the vehicle will change from what’s been seen on line, which I think will be a positive.

I was initially leaning toward the Rivian , but after months of mental gymnastics , decided the Lucid would be a better fit for me. I am glad I did.
That being said, I drove my friend’s Rivian and oh man , it’s special too. I really really hope these 2 EV manufacturers have long term success. Their products are superb.
The biggest advantage to the Rivian is it’s winter and off-road capabilities.
I still wonder if a Rivian is in my future, as a second full EV. Now I am just thinking out loud.
If you give me every available EV out there to choose one, I would choose Air. R1-S, Model-X and EQS have to fight for 2nd place.

If you give me every available EV out there to choose one, I would choose Air. R1-S, Model-X and EQS have to fight for 2nd place.
I am a really big fan of the EV6; in person it is slick!! Has a wonderful road presence .
I just really look forward to more innovation, on all fronts. 😁😁

I am a really big fan of the EV6; in person it is slick!! Has a wonderful road presence .
I just really look forward to more innovation, on all fronts. 😁😁
That car look slick with rear light.

I was initially leaning toward the Rivian , but after months of mental gymnastics , decided the Lucid would be a better fit for me. I am glad I did.
That being said, I drove my friend’s Rivian and oh man , it’s special too. I really really hope these 2 EV manufacturers have long term success. Their products are superb.
I still wonder if a Rivian is in my future, as a second full EV. Now I am just thinking out loud.
Agreed.
Love my Lucid and my wife is waiting for her R1S .. in the meantime, I hope both stocks don't get hammered again [like they did yesterday].

Agreed.
Love my Lucid and my wife is waiting for her R1S .. in the meantime, I hope both stocks don't get hammered again [like they did yesterday].
I hope your wife enjoys her R1S!!I think it will be be a tough ride for a while, for all companies that are currently young and have some time before becoming profitable.

Rivian already planned 50k market small SUV platform - R2S.

4081E219-6F82-4B5C-AAE2-3748D5629806.png

Hello everyone, after lurking in the forum for a couple of weeks I officially became a Lucid owner by trading-in my R1T yesterday. Very excited, I liked my R1T, but I'm just not a truck guy and really prefer Lucid's luxury, sportiness and technology. Taycan and EQS were my other options when considering switching, but Peter's tech serious really convinced me Lucid is the ultimate choice for Luxury Electric Cars. And IMP, Lucid is only "real" EV compare to Taycan and EQS :D
Congratulations
Are you the Biotech David Liu at MIT?

Welcome aboard! .. we're in the midst of getting the 2.0 version updates; should enhance the software experience quite a bit.

My wife has a R1S reservation (since early '21) .. still no word as to when we may see it. How was your R1T as far as range goes? The Air seems to be doing very well so far (much better than the Model Y we used to own), but w/ less range than the Air, my wife's concerned about how much mileage she'll be able to get in real-life conditions.

PS: Like you I considered (and tested) the Taycan and EQS. Not even close (and really didn't like the EQS styling)... enjoy your Air.
I had a Taycan Turbo prior to the Lucid. Fun drive, but the cars have a flaw with the charger. Ran into an issue where the car went into turtle mode on a busy road and I nearly got rear-ended. Thankfully I was not on the expressway.

Link to an interesting article on the taycans: https://www.teslarati.com/porsche-whistleblower-taycan-battery-charger-fires-coverup/

How is Lucid the only “real” EV compared to the EQS or Taycan. Both of those vehicles are phenomenal EVs with their own tradeoffs just like the AGT.
Lol, obviously both Taycan and EQS don't have gasoline engines. And they are excellent EVs. By "real", I meant drivetrain packaging and designing a car from the ground up.

Rivian and Lucid are total different EVs. And they are both good at what they are doing. It really depends on your life style. If you have an outdoorsy life style, then obvious Rivian is a much much better choice. And I would argue that's the best choice in the history of cars. But I really don't need all terrain capability and carrying lots of gears. All I need is efficiency, luxury and fun to drive. The Air provides all of them. But with R2 and Gravity, Rivian and Lucid will compete head to head.

It’s an online mock up rather the actual design. Rivian hasn’t released any visuals.
But it is going to be MachE type of size chassis.
Just not my cup of tea.

Back