Tow hitch for bike rack?

Per my delivery advisor, FWIW
”All weather floor mats and rear bike racks are something our design team are currently working on (as well as other accessories).”

Perfect - thanks for the confirmation. My preference is inside when I have just the one bike

is it possible to have just half of the back seat down?
I have attached pictures.

I am going to get a small rubber mat put over the bumper to avoid accidental marring of the bumper but it was pretty easy to avoid. Notice that I positioned the front wheel below the top of the trunk opening. I will also put a blanket over the rear bike wheel to protect the interior in case it moves around… which is not likely.

Attachments

• E0A2B3E2-52A4-4B2F-9AC2-835F21718564.jpeg
    E0A2B3E2-52A4-4B2F-9AC2-835F21718564.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 346
  • 1A83F755-C29B-4A5B-86C6-D02DC81BFB5D.jpeg
    1A83F755-C29B-4A5B-86C6-D02DC81BFB5D.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 537
Is it super cumbersome to load? Also how does it compare to your previous vehicle?

Is it super cumbersome to load? Also how does it compare to your previous vehicle?
It was actually quite easy bike is reasonably light for an e-road bike (Specialized S-Works Creo SL). Only way to make easier was as I said getting rubber mat to protect the bumper so I didn’t have think about it.

As to how was it compared to my prior vehicle? It was faster. I would have to attach a rear carrier to my hitch and then load the bike and secure it.

I am pretty happy with the Air’s roominess.

I am going to get a small rubber mat put over the bumper to avoid accidental marring of the bumper but it was pretty easy to avoid. Notice that I positioned the front wheel below the top of the trunk opening. I will also put a blanket over the rear bike wheel to protect the interior in case it moves around… which is not likely.
Thanks so much for these images

The rear split looks split 2:1 … if you had the bike the other way around (saddle away from the point of view of the camera - with something underneath to protect car/bike from the chain) do you think you’d be able to have the single rear seat up and usable?

as it is, this is eminently usable for the occasions I take my daughter to her thing / while I ride

The rear split looks split 2:1 … if you had the bike the other way around (saddle away from the point of view of the camera - with something underneath to protect car/bike from the chain) do you think you’d be able to have the single rear seat up and usable?

as it is, this is eminently usable for the occasions I take my daughter to her thing / while I ride
I am interested in whether I can put two road bikes in the car, taking off the front wheels with the rear seats down. I have no problem doing so in my 3 and S. I lay them on top of each other with a packing blanket in between. The 2 bikes go into the Tesla's very easily. I hope this will work for the Lucid!

Ahh now I see why asked about the seat split (a seat for your daughter in back seat. I will look at your idea.

I put by road bike in the trunk most days. Need to put back seats down and shimmy it in. Handlebars fit in the trunk’s “well.” Not optimal, but it works.
I’d be very surprised if we ever get a toe bar bike rack option, as they would mess up the cameras. I think we’ll be stuck with a rooftop rack, in which case I’ll stick with the trunk.
Sorry to repost. But I am still trying to sort out if I can slide 2 road bikes in the trunk, one on top of the other, with the front wheels off. It is easy to do in my Teslas (S and 3). I slide the first bike in with the handlebars forward, and then the second bike with the bars in the rear. But the height between the floor of the trunk and the rear deck lid seems really small, maybe les than 18 inches. So, this may not work, which is disappointing. Thanks.

Sorry to repost. But I am still trying to sort out if I can slide 2 road bikes in the trunk, one on top of the other, with the front wheels off. It is easy to do in my Teslas (S and 3). I slide the first bike in with the handlebars forward, and then the second bike with the bars in the rear. But the height between the floor of the trunk and the rear deck lid seems really small, maybe les than 18 inches. So, this may not work, which is disappointing. Thanks.
it’s 16.5 inches

These pictures are great … I will test drive one on Saturday, 9/2 and will take my road bike with me for fitting ;-) I know about the rack and bike mount, then again it should fit going by your pictures …

These pictures are great … I will test drive one on Saturday, 9/2 and will take my road bike with me for fitting ;-) I know about the rack and bike mount, then again it should fit going by your pictures …
I'm not sure they will allow you to put a bike in there for a demo car (I took lots of tape measure measures before we bought)...
I get my road bike in (rear wheel first, back seat folded flat, front wheel off, trunk basement closed off), but it is "less than fun" to slide it in (especially compared to a VW GTI which was simple or the VW Passat wagon which didn't even require removing a wheel)...
I suspect (and currently am operating on the assumption) that it would be possible to ALSO put a 2nd bike in the back seat's foot area...
and we also have a "coupled tandem" (breaks apart into 2 pieces) which I believe (once separated into two pieces) we'll have no problem getting in (either in "the trunk" with the seat down, or in the rear foot wells (or some combo of both).
Given the frunk & trunk's basement, there is LOTS of room for "other stuff" for a biking vacation for two.

And they do have a roof rack option...
but I sure do wish there was a rear hitch receiver option too.

I managed to get my flat-bar gravel bike in the back of my car, rear seats down, without taking off the front wheel, but only just.

I'm not sure they will allow you to put a bike in there for a demo car (I took lots of tape measure measures before we bought)...
I get my road bike in (rear wheel first, back seat folded flat, front wheel off, trunk basement closed off), but it is "less than fun" to slide it in (especially compared to a VW GTI which was simple or the VW Passat wagon which didn't even require removing a wheel)...
I suspect (and currently am operating on the assumption) that it would be possible to ALSO put a 2nd bike in the back seat's foot area...
and we also have a "coupled tandem" (breaks apart into 2 pieces) which I believe (once separated into two pieces) we'll have no problem getting in (either in "the trunk" with the seat down, or in the rear foot wells (or some combo of both).
Given the frunk & trunk's basement, there is LOTS of room for "other stuff" for a biking vacation for two.

And they do have a roof rack option...
but I sure do wish there was a rear hitch receiver option too.
They will. I went to the Manhasset showroom yesterday to check on the cars and asked, they said yes … too bad I didn’t have the bike with me, could’ve put this to bed already … tbh, I would’ve been surprised if they said no.

They will. I went to the Manhasset showroom yesterday to check on the cars and asked, they said yes … too bad I didn’t have the bike with me, could’ve put this to bed already … tbh, I would’ve been surprised if they said no.
The bike fits but only if you remove the trunk cover, so that you can set the wheel down there as well as clear the handle from the short trunk opening … I’ll take it.

Attachments

• IMG_9572.jpeg
    IMG_9572.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_9571.jpeg
    IMG_9571.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 72
The bike fits but only if you remove the trunk cover, so that you can set the wheel down there as well as clear the handle from the short trunk opening … I’ll take it.
Ah, er, um... just take the front wheel off, it is an easy operation, and makes putting a single bike in quite easy. The wheel can then be placed next to the bike on the folded down seat...

Back