Touring Headrest Hardware/software

NoCO2

Cars
Touring
My new Touring was delivered on May 3rd and has some fit and finish issues and some damage to the passenger rear wheel, all of which Lucid is working on (There was less than 1" of clearance to get the car out of the car hauler trailer). So far I've liked the car but find one thing that's missing and frankly irritating, I can't adjust my headrest. There aren't any adjustments shown under the seat tab for the head rest. This is the first luxury class car out of several that I've owned that hasn't had that option. Does anyone know if the hardware is present in the seat and Lucid has just decided not to allow access to it?

Thanks

I haven’t yet tried to adjust the front or rear head rests, but this is what the owners’ manual says: (check your Pilot Panel)

“Adjusting the Head Restraints
- Adjust the head restraint so the height of the restraint is at the top of the occupant's head. Doing so will place the thickest portion of the restraint behind the person's head at ear level.
- Adjust the head restraint so the distance of the restraint is as close as possible to the back of the head.
Your vehicle has an adjustable head restraint for each seating position, with the exception of the rear center seat.
Front head restraints
Note: The position of the front seat head restraints can only be adjusted using the Pilot Panel. See Using the Pilot Panel.”

My new Touring was delivered on May 3rd and has some fit and finish issues and some damage to the passenger rear wheel, all of which Lucid is working on (There was less than 1" of clearance to get the car out of the car hauler trailer). So far I've liked the car but find one thing that's missing and frankly irritating, I can't adjust my headrest. There aren't any adjustments shown under the seat tab for the head rest. This is the first luxury class car out of several that I've owned that hasn't had that option. Does anyone know if the hardware is present in the seat and Lucid has just decided not to allow access to it?

Thanks
My Aston and Jag don't have adjustable headrests either.

HES, Bobby. Thanks for the replies. I guess I didn't clarify that there isn't any option in the pilot panel to adjust the head rest. Any idea if the hardware is installed?

HES, Bobby. Thanks for the replies. I guess I didn't clarify that there isn't any option in the pilot panel to adjust the head rest. Any idea if the hardware is installed?
The seats on the Touring are different from the GT. They do not have headrest adjustment hardware. Thus, that part of the software is omitted on our cars.

The seats on the Touring are different from the GT. They do not have headrest adjustment hardware. Thus, that part of the software is omitted on our cars.
Mea culpa. That’s what I get for using what is, I suppose, a generic Owners Manual and assuming that the adjustments mentioned in it applied to all Air models. Now I need to go check my Touring pilot panel!

Mea culpa. That’s what I get for using what is, I suppose, a generic Owners Manual and assuming that the adjustments mentioned in it applied to all Air models. Now I need to go check my Touring pilot panel!
Or your online dashboard at your lucid account.

That explains why I can't find the control under "Seats" from the home screen on the Pilot Panel.

What's interesting is that the headrest feels as though it's separate from the seat and thus could be adjusted up or down, but there are no physical controls that I can find to do that either. Not complaining but I've never owned a car that didn't have adjustable headrests. I just think that's an expectation at this point.

That explains why I can't find the control under "Seats" from the home screen on the Pilot Panel.

What's interesting is that the headrest feels as though it's separate from the seat and thus could be adjusted up or down, but there are no physical controls that I can find to do that either. Not complaining but I've never owned a car that didn't have adjustable headrests. I just think that's an expectation at this point.
For what it’s worth, even in the upper trims they’re not adjustable up and down - just forward and back.

The brand that many of us owned previously didn’t offer adjustable headrests, apart from for a very brief period. (Edit: Not sure if the latest ones do or not)

My biggest complaint with my Rivian R1S is its lack of adjustable headrests. They’re positioned too far front for my posture and irritating on long drives. I’ve contacted Rivian and been refused details on how to tear down the headrest to adjust them. Frustrating. Eventually, I’m going to use an auto upholsterer to do it. Absolutely love the seats in our GT.

For what it’s worth, even in the upper trims they’re not adjustable up and down - just forward and back.
Ahh, interesting. Wonder why they decided to go that way, meaning to not allow adjusting up / down. In the owner's manual it states that the head should be even with the thickest part of the headrest for safety, so I tried adjusting mine last night to do that but without success. Not a big deal by any means, just curious.

Back