Touring GVWR. / Tax deduction

AZair

Cars
Tesla model S
Does anyone know what the official GVWR is in the Touring? I believe the GT is around 6300 lbs and I have heard different numbers for the Touring. Less battery will definitely make it lighter. If the Touring is still above 6000 lbs GVWR then it would also qualify for the section 179 tax deduction, if you use it for small business, which is a massive deduction. I believe you can write off up to 100% but I think it has to be a purchase not a lease to take full advantage. Still trying to decide on leasing or purchasing my upcoming Touring delivery. Any input would be much appreciated.

How can you claim. the GVWR deduction if Lucid will not sell to a company, only individuals? Am I missing something here? My DA said Lucid won't sell to any entity except individuals.

You buy or lease it as a personal purchase but can write it off as a business expense if you have a small business.
Thx to all that replied with the official door jam image of the Touring at 6283. So it will qualify for the section 179 even though the Lucid sales reps are saying it doesn’t. Convenient statement to get people to upgrade to the GT🧐

You buy or lease it as a personal purchase but can write it off as a business expense if you have a small business.
Thx to all that replied with the official door jam image of the Touring at 6283. So it will qualify for the section 179 even though the Lucid sales reps are saying it doesn’t. Convenient statement to get people to upgrade to the GT🧐
Please don’t classify Lucid sales reps as trying to fool you into buying a different car. That is completely unnecessary.

Just owning a small business is not enough to take the section 179 deduction. It needs to be used for that business at least 50% of the time.

Please don’t classify Lucid sales reps as trying to fool you into buying a different car. That is completely unnecessary.

Just owning a small business is not enough to take the section 179 deduction. It needs to be used for that business at least 50% of the time.
Also, Lucid is not your accountant, and you should definitely talk to one before making any decisions like this, fwiw.

You need to slow down a bit. I am not trying to ‘classify’ anyone. I am simply making an observation. A lot of people have have said there sales reps were saying this. We should be able to trust the numbers the sales reps are giving us. If they cannot give us accurate information, or do not know it, then they shouldn’t be giving it out.
Also no one is giving out tax advice here. If someone wants exact details they should contact their accountant. Obviously there are many requirements to using the section 179 but the first and basic one is that you own a business!

You need to slow down a bit. I am not trying to ‘classify’ anyone. I am simply making an observation. A lot of people have have said there sales reps were saying this. We should be able to trust the numbers the sales reps are giving us. If they cannot give us accurate information, or do not know it, then they shouldn’t be giving it out.
Also no one is giving out tax advice here. If someone wants exact details they should contact their accountant. Obviously there are many requirements to using the section 179 but the first and basic one is that you own a business!
This was in response to “Convenient statement to get people to upgrade to the GT,” which implies that Lucid is intentionally lying or withholding information in order to deceive people into upgrading. That’s not true, and so the ask is simply not to imply otherwise.

So you based your sweeping indictment of Lucid sales reps on hearsay from "a lot of" people, not your first-hand experience? Have you personally experienced a sales rep giving you misinformation in hopes of having you buy a more expensive model? If not, you have no basis for your post and I politely invite you to stand down.

That is a ‘sweeping indictment’ 😂. Of course I have experienced first hand, that is why I brought it up.

Touring 4dr All-Wheel Drive Sedan​

2023 Lucid Air Pricing​

2023 Years 2023 2022
INTERIOR
Front head room40 "
Rear head room38 "
Front shoulder room58 "
Rear shoulder room55 "
Front leg room45.4 "
Rear leg room37.4 "
Luggage capacity16.1 Cu.ft.
Maximum cargo capacity23.2 Cu.ft.
Standard seating5
EXTERIOR
Length195.9 "
Body width76.3 "
Body height55.4 "
Wheelbase116.5 "
Curb5,203 Lbs.
Gross weight6,283 Lbs.
FUEL
EPA mileage estimatesN/A
PERFORMANCE
Horsepower620 Hp
Drive typeAll-Wheel
Turning radius19.5 ''
Perfect that’s what we need to see.

All lucids are going to have the same GVWR. It's the payload that's going to be different. One of the reason for Lucid over Tesla was Tesla is at 5999 pounds

Back