Touch Up Paint?

MPawelek

Cars
None
I have Expel on the front end of all my nicer cars and will have it applied asap when the Air arrives but my Xpel guy sometimes has a long waiting list. Does Lucid offer touch up paint in the small bottles/tubes?

I have Expel on the front end of all my nicer cars and will have it applied asap when the Air arrives but my Xpel guy sometimes has a long waiting list. Does Lucid offer touch up paint in the small bottles/tubes?
Ask your local service guy or maybe @borski could ask his same "supplier" where he got his extra fabric

Ask your local service guy or maybe @borski could ask his same "supplier" where he got his extra fabric

I got a bit of red touch up paint. The issue with the red is that the tinted clear coat dries crazy fast, and so they couldn’t give that to me, but the red alone was okay for the teeny tiny spots I was touching up - my PPF guy injected it with a syringe underneath the PPF.

Ask service.

Saw a small paint chip on edge of left rear door, the kind you'd expect to see if someone had opened door too far and banged it on a hard surface. I went to Manhattan last week and left car at parking lot, so suspicion lies with attendant, but why he might have opened rear door is beyond me, unless he took a nap. Whatever. I didn't see the suspected offender do the deed so it's only speculation. Anyway, took the Pure to Keeler Collision in Albany where manager, Brian, touched it up himself so now it's 99% as good as new and didn't charge me.

Oh, and he has the most gorgeous eyes. Reminded me of Paul Newman.

:)

I bought a Zenith Red touch up kit from Dr Colorchip. Used it for small chips. Good product and color match.

Pete

Nice, but unfortunately they offer only Cosmos Silver Metallic and Zenith Red Metallic.

... from the good doctor, "We can make this color."

My fathom blue Air was scratched in a parking lot yesterday.. Short surface scratches through clear coat. Noted the Dr Color chip now lists fathom blue on menu, so ordered it... Hoping it is a good match... Surprised that Lucid still does not offer OEM touch up paint

My fathom blue Air was scratched in a parking lot yesterday.. Short surface scratches through clear coat. Noted the Dr Color chip now lists fathom blue on menu, so ordered it... Hoping it is a good match... Surprised that Lucid still does not offer OEM touch up paint
Can you post results afterwards please? I really want to see how well it works. Sorry you got scratched, hope it's not too bad

I never got PPF so I now have probably 4 small point chips on the hood that look like they're down to bare metal. If I got touch-up paint and put a tiny dab on each does anyone know if it'll make it better or worse? I don't have any experience with it and winner if I should try or just wait and have a bunch done professionally.

The proper way would be to dub it with touch up paint. Then use wet 2000 grit sand paper. Then finish up with a buffer and rubbing compound then glaze. Using just a touch up won't be smooth but at least it will prevent and potential rust issues if bare metal exposed for too long.

Back