Total Delivery Amazement #2

SubSailor

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Tesla M3, AirGT
OK...here is the deal for my GT----Quantum Grey, Tahoe, 19-inch wheels with modification found on this forum. Update the tracker!!!
Confirmed June 13, 2022
VIN Sept 26, 2022
Delivery Sept 28, 2022
Unfortunately, this just came:
"If you are able to come to pick it up on Friday, we are more than happy to do so but for home delivery, we do not have the people available to facilitate a home delivery this week."
I am heading to Scottsdale on Sunday so hope to pick it up then but may have to wait until Monday.
Nothing can diminish the excitement, but I doubt I will sleep well the next couple of nights. They must be pushing them out like crazy now.

Congrats! At least you have the option of home delivery. Short Hills told me a month ago, after paying for my AGT, that “We don’t do that anymore “. As I’ve said previously, I understand home delivery for all sales was unsustainable, but they really should have published a date beyond which purchased vehicles would no longer be eligible. I inquired multiple times since I confirmed last March and was always told it would be delivered to my home if I wished.
However, the car is great. Enjoy!

OK...here is the deal for my GT----Quantum Grey, Tahoe, 19-inch wheels with modification found on this forum. Update the tracker!!!
Confirmed June 13, 2022
VIN Sept 26, 2022
Delivery Sept 28, 2022
Unfortunately, this just came:
"If you are able to come to pick it up on Friday, we are more than happy to do so but for home delivery, we do not have the people available to facilitate a home delivery this week."
I am heading to Scottsdale on Sunday so hope to pick it up then but may have to wait until Monday.
Nothing can diminish the excitement, but I doubt I will sleep well the next couple of nights. They must be pushing them out like crazy now.
FWIW, I could have waited for 5 days for home delivery; OR use the provided rental (Toyota Prius) to drive upto Seattle and witness the whole exp (unveiling, walk around, setup, etc) AND then drive the car back home to PDX while being gawked at on the highway. (Kidney anxiety forced a rest area stop & more gawking ensued.)

Pick it up. You will NOT be sorry. :) ... Plus it gives you 'real time' use of the car on the highway.

Cheers

They're probably trying to have as many deliveries as possible to get their in-quarter numbers up. That's why Friday is an important date.

Congrats! At least you have the option of home delivery. Short Hills told me a month ago, after paying for my AGT, that “We don’t do that anymore “. As I’ve said previously, I understand home delivery for all sales was unsustainable, but they really should have published a date beyond which purchased vehicles would no longer be eligible. I inquired multiple times since I confirmed last March and was always told it would be delivered to my home if I wished.
However, the car is great. Enjoy!
It still doesn't sound like they have stopped home deliveries but due to the backlog of deliveries, they are trying to use the best use of their time to catch up.

It still doesn't sound like they have stopped home deliveries but due to the backlog of deliveries, they are trying to use the best use of their time to catch up.
OK folk, here it be:
20170821_121930.jpg

partial eclipse observance
PXL_20220929_185537012.jpg

On Thursday 29 October 2022 a mysterious lawn service appears ~2:50 PM EDT. Have not seen this guy before...has no crew and no weed whackers slung on the side...hummmm.
PXL_20220929_190845249.jpg

nope ... not a lawn service ... it's a brand new BMW 540i .... not great, but not bad. Can't be anything else...is it big enough ?
PXL_20220929_191653463.jpg

PXL_20220929_192206054.jpg

The driver ( you may remember him as The Kurgan, (aka Clancy Brown), from the movie Highlander ) and Brennan. Brennan opened the trunk and The Kurgan crawled into the car all the way over everything to get to the front seat. He has lots of trouble with the severe regen setting on, backing the car out, saying in Russian accent: " It hard to drive." I see what he means on my first go. slowly backing the car out on ramps takes great care.
You should be so luck to have Brennan...he is a delightful human being. It's not his fault I did not hear or absorb a single word he said.
PXL_20220929_192332539.jpg

the car is beautiful beyond description. The roofline trim is slightly lighter than the Cosmos Silver paint, and looks absolutely fantastic.
This is the best paint I've seen. All those who held out for the Cosmos you will be over the moon with how great it ties the whole car together, like a nice rug. This car was made to be silver.
PXL_20220930_113907509.jpg

Last edited:
My GT was delivered in an inlosed truck from West Palm Beach to Naples Fl a week ago last Friday. They did a great job. Andrew spent almost two hours setting up everything for both my wife and myself. He couldn’t have been more helpful. I have called customer support on a couple of questions and they were great. I love driving it and so far it has exceeded my expectation. I am sure with early cars there are going to be some problems and I may well experience them, but I am convinced Lucid will do their best to insure we have a great experience. I hope custome share their good experiences. Mike

OK folk, here it be:
View attachment 5121
View attachment 5122
On Thursday 29 October 2022 a mysterious lawn service appears ~2:50 PM EDT. Have not seen this guy before...has no crew and no weed whackers slung on the side...hummmm.
View attachment 5123
nope ... not a lawn service ... it's a brand new BMW 540i .... not great, but not bad. Can't be anything else...is it big enough ?
View attachment 5124
View attachment 5127
The driver ( you may remember him as The Kurgan, (aka Clancy Brown), from the movie Highlander ) and Brennan. Brennan opened the trunk and The Kurgan crawled into the car all the way over everything to get to the front seat. He has lots of trouble with the severe regen setting on, backing the car out, saying in Russian accent: " It hard to drive." I see what he means on my first go. slowly backing the car out on ramps takes great care.
You should be so luck to have Brennan...he is a delightful human being. It's not his fault I did not hear or absorb a single word he said.
View attachment 5128
the car is beautiful beyond description. The roofline trim is slightly lighter than the Cosmos Silver paint, and looks absolutely fantastic.
This is the best paint I've seen. All those who held out for the Cosmos you will be over the moon with how great it ties the whole car together, like a nice rug. This car was made to be silver.
View attachment 5129
Holy #@&)! That color looks amazing! Congrats and drive it in good health.

OK folk, here it be:
View attachment 5121
View attachment 5122
View attachment 5123
View attachment 5124
View attachment 5127
View attachment 5128
View attachment 5129
Wow! Congratulations. Amazing color. Your car is slick! I like the 19's without the aero blades. Glad that I waited for CS/SC and ordered the center caps and lug nut covers. Got my VIN a week ago so hoping that it will not be too much longer.

Wow! Congratulations. Amazing color. Your car is slick! I like the 19's without the aero blades. Glad that I waited for CS/SC and ordered the center caps and lug nut covers. Got my VIN a week ago so hoping that it will not be too much longer.
How do you order the center cap and lug nut covers?

That silver is fan-frickin-tastic. That does it for me - I'm going silver. Until I change my mind back to grey. Or red. Nope, silver!

How do you order the center cap and lug nut covers?
Through your DA or service tech in your local service center.

Cosmo,
Can you take side and front 3/4 shots? Wanna show my wife the color of our new vehicle to come 😁

Short Hills wouldn’t do my wheel mods prior to delivery. Told me it was a “service issue”. Andy took care of it when he came to the house to address a few minor issues post-delivery.
Enjoy your car, Cosmo. I don’t regret grabbing an earlier AGT in white, but the silver looks very nice as well.

Back