Took delivery 2 days ago and several issues

stevek42

Cars
2024 Lucid Air Pure
I just leased a 2024 Lucid Air Pure, fairly loaded, and took delivery 2 days ago. So far I've had these issues:

* The pilot panel sporadically won't come on when I start the car, or comes on and then shuts off. Nothing will restart it except a lock and walk away. Last time this happened (a few hours ago) navigation audio or the microphone weren't working either.
* When the pilot panel is working, it has static colored bars all over. It looks like TV snow in color.
IMG_3779.jpeg

* Sometimes when the AC comes on it makes a super loud buzzing noise. Not the sound of the fans from the frunk but a really loud groaning buzz you can hear inside and outside the car. It's pretty embarrassing.

Unfortunately I got the car and drove home 4 hours (closest Studio) home. I called their service and was told I'd need to bring it in, but they're not available when I'll be up there next week. The only alternative they offered was for me to call and go to a service location 2 hours away instead of 4 hours, but I was told that mobile service takes care of this including getting your car serviced far away.

It's really disheartening having all these issues in the first 2 days, and definitely feeling like the service is WAY lacking given that fact. Anyone have ideas on what my problem might be and expectations on service from other "distance" owners?

I did do a logo reset and it didn't help the screen static issue.

yeah that looks like a defective pilot screen. Try changing the profile from the smaller screen up top to the right. It should drop down, select guest and then select your profile again. That solved an issue where the top part of my pilot screen was un responsive but that fixed it and it hasn't happened again.

It's a great car so don't let this issue slow you down.

yeah that looks like a defective pilot screen. Try changing the profile from the smaller screen up top to the right. It should drop down, select guest and then select your profile again. That solved an issue where the top part of my pilot screen was un responsive but that fixed it and it hasn't happened again.

It's a great car so don't let this issue slow you down.
Thanks, I'm really hoping not to. If I can get service I'm sure it'll be a lot better. I did try the guest select but it didn't do anything. I don't even think it changed to guest. I'll try it again next time. And maybe even make another profile so I can guarantee a switch.

I had similar issue with rear ac vent making a loud humming sound and the pilot panel being unresponsive. Air logo fixed the screen and the humming sound went away in a couple of days. It was the the loose vent clip so just needed a push.

Back