To powder coat or not to powder coat?

blueice89

Lucidnaire
Reaction score
Cars
Lucid 22”AGT quantum
Referral Code
7MET7857
As you may all know I am huge fan of powder coating and I have had some 19s laying In my garage collecting dust. Anyways I thought of an incredible idea. I could powder coat my own wheels my 20s and while I wait for those to get done can ride the 19s. So would you do this or just stay silver? To powder coat or not to powder coat? Lend me your thoughts

IMG_6628.webp

As you may all know I am huge fan of powder coating and I have had some 19s laying In my garage collecting dust. Anyways I thought of an incredible idea. I could powder coat my own wheels my 20s and while I wait for those to get done can ride the 19s. So would you do this or just stay silver? To powder coat or not to powder coat? Lend me your thoughts

View attachment 20805
I honestly think you shouldn't powdercoat the wheels. I think that silver finish just adds that subtle "bling" touch, and powdercoating them would remove that effect (we are talking about powdercoating them black, right?). It also removes some of the silver contrast of the car as it is right now. The rims are definitely my favorite part of your car, both before (without wrap) and right now!

But hey, at least the value of the wheels will be doubled if you choose to sell them..

I honestly think you shouldn't powdercoat the wheels. I think that silver finish just adds that subtle "bling" touch, and powdercoating them would remove that effect (we are talking about powdercoating them black, right?). It also removes some of the silver contrast of the car as it is right now. The rims are definitely my favorite part of your car, both before (without wrap) and right now!

But hey, at least the value of the wheels will be doubled if you choose to sell them..
Ideas :

IMG_6636.webp
IMG_6634.webp
IMG_6635.webp
IMG_6632.webp

Okay I called the powder coater he coming I. Couple hours I will post the 19s pic too

For what it's worth, I powder coated the stock 19's from Lucid, and was very happy with the result. Don't think you can go wrong either way.

Powder would look good with the other wheels..You might as well do a full chrome delete and call it a day 😊

The 20s will look better I assume ?
Yes, but since you moved to 19s (temporarily), you might as well make the best of the situation. Meatier tires are almost always better than bigger rims to me (preference), and tire gloss would adequately emphasize that!

Yes, but since you moved to 19s (temporarily), you might as well make the best of the situation. Meatier tires are almost always better than bigger rims to me (preference), and tire gloss would adequately emphasize that!
Is there a way add extra gloss ?

Back