Tire change in Philly suburbs

kae02

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Jul 4, 2023
Messages
112
Reaction score
77
Location
PA
Hi Fellow members in philly suburbs,

Just wanted to know is there a reliable shop to swap Lucid tires? I'm mainly concerned on properly jacking the car without damaging it. Lucid service center can't swap tires if not purchased from them. And I need to swap 20in summer tires now as cold weather is approaching. Any pointers will be appreciated. Thanks
 
Good news. I just found that Discount Tire/America Tire store has recently opened in Exton area in philly suburb. I had the tires swapped today, no isssues, in/out in an hour.
Location -
 
Which tires did you go with?
 
Good news. I just found that Discount Tire/America Tire store has recently opened in Exton area in philly suburb. I had the tires swapped today, no isssues, in/out in an hour.
Location -
Nice, can you comment on what you paid and what tires you bought? I am looking now to replace my 19" original P Zeros after 50K miles.
 
Nice, can you comment on what you paid and what tires you bought? I am looking now to replace my 19" original P Zeros after 50K miles.
That’s some good range on your 19s! How did you get that much out of them? If I can ask.
 
I would estimate that 95% of those 50K miles are commuting on I-95, between 65-85mph on drive assist, so I haven't stressed the tires out as much as younger me might have imagined I would. They still have enough tread on them to pass for the safety sticker, but I figure I should swap them before winter sets in.
 
Hi Fellow members in philly suburbs,

Just wanted to know is there a reliable shop to swap Lucid tires? I'm mainly concerned on properly jacking the car without damaging it. Lucid service center can't swap tires if not purchased from them. And I need to swap 20in summer tires now as cold weather is approaching. Any pointers will be appreciated. Thanks
I recently had a Lucid Service center swap tires out for me that I purchased from Costco. No issues. I just had to acknowledge that Lucid held no warranty obligation for the tires purchased and brought to them.

Strange that different centers would have different policies.
 
I recently had a Lucid Service center swap tires out for me that I purchased from Costco. No issues. I just had to acknowledge that Lucid held no warranty obligation for the tires purchased and brought to them.

Strange that different centers would have different policies.
Cool! What charge for the swap and disposal? Any impact on car warranty otherwise?
 
Cool! What charge for the swap and disposal? Any impact on car warranty otherwise?
$50 per. And as far as warranty, the only language was warranty against the tires themselves. No impact to vehicle overall warranty.

The reason just Costco didn’t install for me was they stopped servicing Lucids on their lifts the week I had them delivered. Not sure if that holds true now or not. They cited the weight of the car as a concern. Costco did refund me their disposal cost they originally charged me.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0853.webp
    IMG_0853.webp
    29.9 KB · Views: 106
$50 per. And as far as warranty, the only language was warranty against the tires themselves. No impact to vehicle overall warranty.

The reason just Costco didn’t install for me was they stopped servicing Lucids on their lifts the week I had them delivered. Not sure if that holds true now or not. They cited the weight of the car as a concern. Costco did refund me their disposal cost they originally charged me.
Yep they just told me the same thing. On this forum elsewhere a commenter posted about costco having a corporate rule saying they cant take lucid airs.
 
Express Auto Services in KoP is a good shop as well, I've used them many times.

Confirming Costco won't take Airs, per a tech I know they're too wide for Costco's lifts.
 
Express Auto Services in KoP is a good shop as well, I've used them many times.

Confirming Costco won't take Airs, per a tech I know they're too wide for Costco's lifts.
They have changed my tires before just fine. They used jacks, and jacked up both the front and back of the car on one side simultaneously.
 
Back
Top