Tidal Plans and Pricing

Where did you see you get a 40% discount for being a first responder?
If you click on "manage account" from the tidal.com website, you can click on "change plan" and it's listed there.

If you still don't find it, I can send screenshots in the morning

If you click on "manage account" from the tidal.com website, you can click on "change plan" and it's listed there.

If you still don't find it, I can send screenshots in the morning
Ah I see, I don’t qualify as first responder, have to be EMS/EMT/FireDept or Police. It’s confusing cuz during the pandemic they basically called any hospital medical personnel first responders.

Ah I see, I don’t qualify as first responder, have to be EMS/EMT/FireDept or Police. It’s confusing cuz during the pandemic they basically called any hospital medical personnel first responders.
My work group has GETS cards, dedicated emergency hot line, satellite phones, and is THE group that responds to emergencies at our dams and reservoirs, yet we don't qualify 😂 but apparently tidal isn't the one that sets the rules. the company that they partner with to verify these things is the one that sets the standard. i emailed them about it

Thanks for this info! I also let my previous subscription expire and then followed your instructions for re-activation. Only $99 for the year as a TotalTech member and all my playlists were still in place. Nice $140 savings!

Pete

Bought the Best Buy subscription yesterday. Let my subscription through Tidal lapse today, then activated through the Best Buy email. Worked seamlessly. Thanks for the info @MorganB!

Glad this is working out for you guys! I was surprised it hadn't been mentioned here earlier since I think the offer had been around for a while. I had some Best Buy gift certs from their member rewards and I have total tech so I ended up paying 45$ for a year.

Looks like the Bestbuy option has been ended. My trial just ended and I could not purchase annual plan from Bestbuy (no longer on their website). From Tidal customer support:

We'd like to inform you that TIDAL plans purchased through Best Buy will no longer be available. However, please note that if you are currently subscribed to TIDAL through Best Buy, your subscription will continue as usual. You won't be able to renew your subscription through Best Buy once it expires.

Looks like the Bestbuy option has been ended. My trial just ended and I could not purchase annual plan from Bestbuy (no longer on their website). From Tidal customer support:

We'd like to inform you that TIDAL plans purchased through Best Buy will no longer be available. However, please note that if you are currently subscribed to TIDAL through Best Buy, your subscription will continue as usual. You won't be able to renew your subscription through Best Buy once it expires.
Wow that was short lived! Mine does say it auto renews on the Best Buy website but I suppose that I will get an email near renewal date from Best Buy stating otherwise.

anyone who did the best buy deal and cancelled still have access to tidal masters/dolby? i cancelled back in july before they charged me the normal price, and today, i noticed that i still have options to play the master quality songs. not sure if it's a glitch

anyone who did the best buy deal and cancelled still have access to tidal masters/dolby? i cancelled back in july before they charged me the normal price, and today, i noticed that i still have options to play the master quality songs. not sure if it's a glitch
I read some things on reddit about how even thought accounts were canceled through Best Buy they were still active on Tidal. It seemed to be a "thing" I signed up for a year so I am not sure what will happen when my year is up.

I have Apple Music but the problem is my both my wife and I have Samsung phones and so can't use Android Auto to connect to AM for Dolby Atmos music. Would Tidal HiFi+ be a good workaround for that?

I have Apple Music but the problem is my both my wife and I have Samsung phones and so can't use Android Auto to connect to AM for Dolby Atmos music. Would Tidal HiFi+ be a good workaround for that?
You can’t get Atmos via Apple Music in the Air so you are not missing out. Currently the only way to have Atmos is with the built in Tidal app. If Lucid were to add a native Apple Music app or if Apple adds it to CarPlay then we would have Atmos with Apple.

You can’t get Atmos via Apple Music in the Air so you are not missing out. Currently the only way to have Atmos is with the built in Tidal app. If Lucid were to add a native Apple Music app or if Apple adds it to CarPlay then we would have Atmos with Apple.
Are the song selections comparable between Tidal and Apple Music? Including international music

I read some things on reddit about how even thought accounts were canceled through Best Buy they were still active on Tidal. It seemed to be a "thing" I signed up for a year so I am not sure what will happen when my year is up.
my family hifi plus 3 month trial through best buy ended. but on the tidal desktop app (i deleted my phone app), i can still play master tracks and stuff.

Boo!!!! Surprised they aren't just letting the annual subscriptions run out.

1693340196652.png

Back