Thoughts on the interior

Lucken

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Pure, BMW i4
Referral Code
97KPWDUB
I may have missed the discussion if it occurred, but what are the thoughts on the dual color interior? It’s obviously atypical to have seats up front a different color than those in the rear. Is this some you’d choose or is it something you’d settle for?

I've sat in both the Santo Monica interior and the Tahoe interior and liked the dual color scheme very much. I had never thought about such an interior before but, having now seen it, I'd like to see it on more cars.

One of the things I like is that the front seats, which get the most use, are dark and will conceal wear better. However, unlike other cars with dark seats that carry the color over to the dash, footwells, and door panels, the Air mixes the lighter color into those areas, thus avoiding the look of being in a dark pit.

I agree with hmp10. I have always liked lighter colors in the interior, but usually avoided them because I am getting too old to constantly maintain them looking brand new. The 2-color scheme in the Air solves this problem, as the back seats are not used as often. I give Lucid credit for coming up with this approach. I like the look.

I liked the Tahoe interior, too, as I like saddle brown leather. However, when I saw it at the Miami studio it was considerably more orange than it appeared in the photos.

I was a bit frustrated that the Dream Edition would only come with the Santa Monica interior which appeared to me sort of washed out in photos. Then I saw it in the display car at the West Palm Beach studio and decided I liked it best of all the interior choices.

I've only seen the Big Sur interior (a taupe, according to Derek Jenkins) in early photos, as it was not even on display in a bento box at either of the design studios I visited. I thought they had dropped it until Jenkins mentioned it in a recent interview.

Photos are tricky. If anyone ordering a car can get to a design center to see colors in person they really should. And they should take the samples out into the daylight, as the combination of artificial lighting and heavily-tinted windows in the studios really throws colors off.

Does anyone have an idea as to what this three-pronged slit is for on the roof bar between the front and back seats?

Screen Shot 2021-10-19 at 10.05.34 AM.png

Back